Just got a ticket for going 110+

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a ticket for going 110+

Lucky, the partner convinced the jackass who was talking to me not to give me a misdemeanor and impounding my car...

I'll post the whole story later on, probably when I'm in a better mood. Quick version, get on the freeway, see some monkey on my *** so close that I can't see the headlights, I step on it while in 6th, no downshifting at all, hit about 120 something and merge one lane over...he finally catches up, but to my surprise, he's got police lights and sirens now. It was the damn cop that tailed me and provoked me just to get away. I was seriously just trying to get away you know...not even in the moood to downshift and take off.

Anyway, Benjjman007 says this ticket code 22348(b) means I'm fu-ked, most likely getting 2points, and a crazy fine, and no chance of traffic school. It says approx speed of 110+.

Ticketassin? Pay them the 25 gladly and have them help me? PLEASE!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Edit: Rest of story

(originally posted on TriplePlate.com with profanity, had to edit them for posting here)

As soon as I get a ticket in the mail, I'll be calling to find out what traffic lawyer to get.

Oh, and even when I got pulled over, I couldn't tell what kind of car it was. Once he had the lights on me, I was pretty much blind.

Now that I'm not as shocked/pissed as I was last night, I can tell you the funnier details.

So I pull over, turn off the car, roll down the recently tinted windows immeidately...then trigger-I mean batonhappy officer brady comes over and he's swinging his baton as if he's going to smack me in the face with it. Then he yells, TURN OFF THE VEHICLE...I reply back It's off (thinking, It's off you f-ing pig.)

Then he asks for my license/proof of insurance and I explained to him I thought it was the same mustang tailing me...he just cuts me off saying "ya ya...ya ya"...grabs my license walks off...then I say to him, don't you want my registration and insurance? He comes back snatches those two, walks off. Another cop car pulled up too, once he saw our lights, and i guess they signalled him off.

Then the good partner came up to my passenger window...and he really wanted to know if I had anything to drink, "not even a single drop"...etc..I told him my plans had gotten canceled and I know better than to drive on Saint Patty's if I had anything to drink. Then he starts asking me about meth...METH...he's like "what about meth..when was the last time you did it." I was like, "never." What's the deal with meth? Makes you drive fast?

Anyway, we started talking about tripleplate.com and investments, etc...and he seemed pretty impressed, asked about my major, and all this other bs...then told me "youv'e gotta fast car, you've gotta slow down. i'm going to see what's taking my partner so long, I think he's writing you a citation..." Basically, I think this guy would have let me off since he knew the f--ing partner provoked me and they're basically out there to get drunks, not people who're driving the speed limit and get provoked to go fast.

I wait another 15 minutes for a ticket, arrest, whatever...finally the jackass cop comes back and says "I have 3 options. Either I give you a misdemeanor, issue a citation, and impound your car....I issue a citation and impound....or just a citation." I've decided to give you just a citation." I guess he thought I'd say thanks or something, there was a long pause. He said I know you were going waaaay faster than that, but I'm only going to write you for 110+, as if there'd be a difference...it's still over 100.

So he gave me the 110+ and now I'm f--ed.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Ok, been calling around.

Up to 500 dollar fine, 1 month of suspension, and 2 points (crazy insurance). 4 different friends have told me to get a lawyer...

Any hope I can fight it with ticket assasin first and hope the guy doesn't respond with his own letter?

Oh, and it wasn't chp. It was the sherrif's office of costa county.

TIA
Old 03-18-2004, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Damn f*ckin cops..I had a cop tailgate me before too and I got a ticket

sorry I don't know what to do in your situation. I've used ticket assassin before and it worked but I don't know if it can help in fighting a 110mph ticket. I would just get a lawyer..
Old 03-18-2004, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Heard similar story b4, get a lawyer, case should get dismissed ->

cuz he/she is the one who provoked u.
Good luck!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Lawyer.

This is a mistameanor (sp) ticket. It's not something to mess around with.

Get the lawyer, go to the first hearing, you'll get it knocked down to an unsafe speed infraction with traffic school. This assumes a clean driving record.

You were speeding, regardless, so don't expect to get out scott free.

This is the voice of experience here.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Actually, not a misdemeanor. The worst just below. So do I now wait for the ticket to come

and then go from there with a lawyer? Any recommendations for a traffic lawyer?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

The rest of the story edited in on the original post.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:45 PM

didn't you get a warning from your v1?
Old 03-18-2004, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default No. He used no Radar. Followed me (tried to) then finally caught up.

Or else he would have written 120+
Old 03-18-2004, 04:58 PM

manoman...that hurts just thinking about it

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket for going 110+