Looking for marriage proposal ideas.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email with a prenuptial agreement attachment

hehe
Old 06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think it matters where, more concern with how....

Give lots of thought to how she wants to be thought of, cherished, respected, and loved... what she'd most like to hear from you as a promise and as a description of your experience of her, how her unique virtues and your shared values bring meaning to your life. Make sure to say these things with great sincerity and eye contact. Let your genuine strength of feeling overcome your embarrassment and awkwardness, and make it a romantic conversation and proposal.

Women don't actually seem to like grand gestures, skywriting, ring in the champagne, and all that, unless it has particular meaning to her for some reason.

A friend proposed in a park in Dublin, Ireland... now THAT was romantic for them!

FWIW.

For me, high places always evoke feelings of the wonder and meaning of life. But she isn't quite as comfortable with heights, so that was out. We did have a nice conversation overlooking the bay from skyline drive on a beautiful day during which we talked about growing old together and comforting each other at the end of life.

My then-fiancee (no ring yet) and I had talked about our dreams and connection to each other so much that I could do something rather silly and still make a big hit; after I picked up the ring, I greeted her when she came in the door and said something about how we needed to up our home insurance coverage, and showed her the ring. Totally non-romantic, but that was the point of the joke. (I was bedridden with a back injury, so there wasn't much I could do in any case.)

San Francisco and the bay area in general have many great restaurants where a bottle of champagne can arrive in a bucket without you having asked for it (arrange for it in advance). That could be a good lead in.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nicely-said, Jim. I wish I'd have asked for your advice a few months ago.

I popped the question while we were in Egypt back in February. It was more than a little awkward. My original plan was to do it while we were both on camelback riding to the pyramids, but that ended up backfiring. The reason: I'd bought her a pretty huge rock just before we left for Egypt and I figured out after getting there that it just wasn't very secure being tucked away in my camera bag! I decided not to wait until our scheduled trip through the desert, since the safest place for the ring was on her finger. On our second night there, while we were both lying wide awake at 3:00 in the morning, I got up my nerve and asked her. It was really awkward, but it all worked out fine. The part that Jana will remember most is that after being together for 6 years, we finally got engaged at the place she'd been wanting to visit since she was 5 years old. Pretty cool.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Vintage Inn - Yountville

Beautiful place. Expensive, but worth it.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second - Krispy Kreme is where I gave my vows

to eat more Key-Lime donuts.

Forgot where I proposed to wifey

Ba dum tsch ... :-P
Old 06-29-2004, 06:55 PM
ATH
Elder Member

Ha ha nice one dude, or he could IM her. Girls love IM.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Put your head between your knees and kiss ur wallet goodbye!!
Old 06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats, great to hear!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for marriage proposal ideas.......

I'm a little concerned that you 'think she likes...'

Do you know here well enough to marry her ? As long as you're sure, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just be sure first and it shouldn't matter where you propose.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default How about going south...with a view?

Check out Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur). Rent a sweet cabin for the evening and have dinner at Sierra Mar...or, you may want to have your wedding there! Will run you closer to $1k, but how many times do you get married? ;-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.postranchinn.com/">Post Ranch Inn</a></li></ul>