My son was ticketed while driving to sonoma. The CHP officer who pulled him over ticketed him for

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marin is a training ground for the CHP (Corte Madera), go to court, get traffic school......

speeding is speeding as others have stated.

Have wittnesses with him in court, plead guilty "with explanation".

The judge may accept to hear any details.
More time than not, they know how zealous the rookies are.

MUST go to court! Judge will likey allow traffic school......no point, no record.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:39 PM

Default California speeding

California is currently on a "show no mercy" campaign. I think they are trying to balance the state budget. Here is the link to the newspaper article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/04/29/MNG6M6CG7E19

This speed will be a mandatory court appearance and one of the parents will have to go with him. He will not be eligible for traffic school.

Unless you can get it reduced you can expect your insurance rates to increase dramatically.

There are several ways to fight the ticket. First you can do a Trial by Declaration. While this sometimes works with city or county officers it is almost never with CHP. CHP also almost always shows up on court dates so don't depend on that tactic.

My suggestion would be an attorney but even he will have a problem with this much over the speed limit. However he may persuade the judge to allow traffic school or at least a reduction which will keep down the insurance points. If you don't have a family attorney you might want to check out<ul><li><a href="http://www.prepaidlegal.com/info/aoates">Pre-Paid Legal</a></li></ul>
Old 05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I know of a criminal attorney?

He's in San Carlos.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default First hand experience in the exact same location...

caught for 82 in a 55... however my mother was in the car and even she said, "we never went that fast"

Bascially the rookie cop came up with a attitude so i threw one right back at him, questioning the effectiveness of his method (pacing). Asked, if thats the case, when was your speedo calibrated, how long where you following me, etc etc.

Took it to court and plead guilty cause i was sure i would get traffic school... nope judge was even more of an ***... $300 fine, point on license, and 30 day restriction, to and from work.

So i think your son is pretty much screwed, the cops especially hate young kids with nicer cars than they could probably afford...

You could try to fight it but the best you might get in your situation is maybe a reduction of the fine? but im sure it will still be a point, restricted license, and insurance increase...

oh btw i got lucky... my insurance increased just a little from the ticket, but it did so when my rates were lowered... so in the end my insurance rate went down, but not by as much as it would have without getting the ticket :P
Old 05-14-2004, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In the middle of my first trial by letter. I'm fighting a Alhambra (SoCal) ticket via the

ticket assasin method. Worst case, I can loose, and hire a lawyer, but figured this was a cheaper route.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In tourist towns they'll write you up hoping you just pay it.

Napa and Monterey are notorious for it. They figure you're a tourist and the last thing you want is to take a day off work to come down and fight it.

In Monterey I got a ticket with 4 people in the car. I got clocked going 38mph in a 25- it's the main Monterey exit that feeds into town right off 1 so you go from a 55 to 25. But the cop had me pulled over 2 blocks before the first 25mph sign.

I went back, remembered where the cops was, and video taped the route until the first 25mph sigh. Ticket got dismissed- but I had to take a day off from work to fight it.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Elder Member

Thanks Ernesto
Old 05-27-2004, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Update: Got my letter from Alhambra Superior court in response to my Ticket Assassin letter today

and the charges were dismissed 2 days ago. YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmmm.... going to frame it and post it somewhere. Can't read the clerk's scribbles, but they'll be sending me the $180.00 check for my fine.

Now if my stocks had that kind of ROI. I swear this feels better than getting a tax refund from Uncle Sam.

So a la ebay feedback: "Ticket Assassin: Excellent service, 5 stars, will use again."

I think I'll take my lady to see Shrek tonight to celebrate.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats! Glad it worked out for ya.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:17 PM

So care to show us what the letter looks like? What you said, etc.

Quick Reply: My son was ticketed while driving to sonoma. The CHP officer who pulled him over ticketed him for