News Flash! Niello Audi service is the pits.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem is the Niello family is big in the Area... big time politically.

Roger Niello (County Supervisor) is one and the same member of the Niello Family...

They are pretty close to untouchable.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Banned

Default Does your warranty allow you to go to non-dealers.

If so... Bertini's in Roseville, and of Course 2Bennett are excellent shops.

My Audi fell off factory warranty, and will never see the inside of Niello again. Every #@$@ time I took it there for simple maintannce, the car would come back to me broken.

"How the hell do I have a CEL on after a freekin oil change"!?!?!?!?

Also had them deliver the car with the Air Bag light on...

And the time they broke the brake booster line, the CEL was on, I brought it up, and they told me it was okay, and to bring it back tommorow.

I took off carefully (not knowing the light was brake related (Vacuum line... ding!). Got to Arden way and hit the brakes... and couldn't stop in time... lucky I was able to turn right (from the middle lane... ouch) and survived.

They also once were supposed to "flush the brakes"... well I (and when I had the service manager come out) both agreed that the fuild was definately not flushed... all they did was (over) fill it (you could see the color change!). Of course that's when I brought it back after service because the CEL showed.

Also They'd order parts... and never call when they came in... I'd call wondering and they'd argue with me... that I didn't need the parts, and they were never ordered. Never mind the fact I have the work order saying that the part was ordered and to call customer when in stock.

Last time I took it in (just before the end warranty) I refused to pick up the car until all work was completed...
Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Niello Landrover has the best service department I've ever seen...

... Jim Mitchell was the #2 Rover Service Rep in the nation last year. Steve Cairns used to own an Audi shop in Redding I believe. I wish they could do warrenty work on Audi's.

Anyhow, the idea that all Niello is bad is just not true. Niello Audi has even done my right multiple times.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
bwb
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes. this was probably my last visit to Niello.

I live in Placerville area and fortunately, there is a pretty decent Indy up here with a mechanic who is on his umpteenth Audi. But might need to check out your mechanic. Basically, Niello owes me my extended warranty money ($1,000). They also didn't address a a couple of issues they were supposed to do, but that is okay at this point in time.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Niello Porsche service also good? Only Niello Audi sometimes bad?

Nice to hear that Niello Audi and Niello Land Rover are uniformly good to you.

I can say that Niello Audi service has _DEFINITELY NOT_ been uniformly good to me. On occasions when it has been bad, it has been very bad as in letting my car sit in their shop for about 6 weeks before deciding they were too busy to do the work and sending the car somewhere else for the work to be done. I've had good and bad service over the years with Niello Audi.

From what I know, one of the motives for Ian leaving was a irreconcilable difference in service philosophy. I think this doesn't suggest good things about existing service philosophy at Niello Audi.

I've never used Niello Porsche's service department. But I've seen their service garage. It is beautiful. It's immaculate. And, in the customer areas you feel like you should when dealing with a premium marquee - unlike Niello Audi's cramped room where you get your service request entered. The parts people are helpful and courteous. And they return phone calls - always. They don't seem to mind helping me track down non-USA/rest of world Porsche parts.

So, I still suspect there is a disparity in the quality of the service departments in the Niello family of car brands. And I tend to think that Niello Audi's service dept is more the unwanted step child of the family.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default Friend of mine got tired of the B.S. at Niello Acura for her TSX, now Lasher.

And she lives only a few miles from Niello. Got tired of the same B.S... picking up the car with new problems introduced from when she dropped it off...
Old 11-22-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: HAHA..Ian's legacy...that place is going downhill even faster now that he left. Why?

i heard he was going to Audi NA
Old 11-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: News Flash! Niello Audi service is the pits.

This is my first time reading the posts here at Audi world as I recently bought my first Audi. The car is awesome, I love it. I bought the car at Niello from Rob Davis, I had a great experience purchasing the car. I had to take the car into the service department for a check engine light that came on a week after I bought the car. My experience was fine, Kevin McKenna was my advisor, he was knowledgeable, polite and helpful. I hope I don't have the problems some of you have had with Niello. I have had friend buy cars from Niello in the past, Land Rover in particular and they were thrilled with the car they bought and have had great experiences with service, for me that was the main factor in choosing Niello, Reputation.