Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bro, sell that car...too much bad mojo.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default around the time of the Autoshow a year or so ago my buddies car got towed..(long).

After numerous calls to Acura to figure out his plate number (he had no idea and it was a lease) and calls to information to figure out who to call to find the car we grab a cab down to the tow yard.

After $300 and about two hours of waiting in the worse waiting room I have ever been in my life we get that car back. By this time it's getting late, and we decide to get something to eat and a drink to relax. So on the way back upstate we stop at The Gin Mill on Amsterdam up around 84th.

At the Gin Mill we get a couple burgers and the barmaid starts bringing over drinks for me two at a time along with an occassional shot to do with her. Bascially in no time I'm pretty nicely boozed up. Not too sure how it happened next since my buddy is sort of an enabler, and the events of the night started getting a little burly for me at this point, but the barmaid was wrapping up her shift and we agreed to give her a ride home.

Apparently is was around this point I said my buddy's favorite quote of mine... I just randomly look up from my drink, look at the cute barmaid and say "Ahh...my life is over" and go back to my drink.

So next thing we leave the Gin Mill and are cruising back downtown towards the West Village where she lived. Sitting a light, it turns green and my buddy starts to pull away...BAM! we get pushed through the intersection. We got rear-ended. In complete shock my buddy and I just stare at each other. Buddy pulls the car over, so does the guy that hits us and they get out of the car to talk. I immediately turn my attention back to the barmaid. Turns out the guy not only admitted to my buddy that he was drinking, but also to the two foot-cops that showed up. Ofcourse they let him go (no idea why to this day) and start harassing my buddy why he doesn't have registration for his car (sitting on his kitchem table at home). I ofcourse can't be be bothered because I'm talking it up with the barmaid still.

In the end we end up going back to her place for a while and hanging out. Didn't get back upstate until something like 5am (had to work the next day) but it was worth it.

Funny Sidenote: There was almost a riot in the tow yard when some guy held up the line to ask the clerk if they had towed his bicycle. Don't know how that guy made it out of there alive.

Sort of pointless story..but it is the nightmare tow story I have.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just tuned in.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya know, I wonder if they used Nogaro primer...
Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mine got towed in NYC

I went to Jacob Javetts Center one night and parked my car directly on its side street with about 50 other cars. When I returned to my car, my car and the other cars weren't there anymore. The entire street was empty.

The bastards towed the entire street clean.

So I got my car, went back to the street and took pictures of the nearest "no parking sign" and took pictures of where my car was. I submitted the pictures and used the defense that the nearest sign was very far from my car. I got the ticket dismissed in the mail.