God Awful Service at Mohegan Audi - Is there somehwere else to go???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God Awful Service at Mohegan Audi - Is there somehwere else to go???

Are there any dealerships or independent repair shops that do great work on Audi's near the Poughkeepsie Area? I am just having the worst time with Mohegan Audi, and the other dealership I used (Palisades Audi) I fear is even worse.

My issues with Mohegan Audi:

1. They have had my car for over three weeks now, and have given me no indication on when my work (Turbo Charger Replacement) wil be done.

2. They will not provide a loaner car.

3. I bought a warranty (1sourceautowarranty.com). They claim that the job that I need done (Turbo Charger replacement) should take 27 hours max (this value is listed). Mohegan Audi is charging me for 30 hours of labor.

4. My insurnace company had to send two adjusters because the dealership was very uncooperative. As it was explained to me, all they had to do is remove a simple plate to show oil levels, and they wouldn't accomodate

5. Their customer service is flat out rude (I have been dealing with a woman called Diane). They never have information on my car, they never call me with any status updates, and they act like I am the biggest @ss hole in the world for wanting to know why my car is not done after three weeks+. They also act like they're doing me a favor by taking my insurance money (all $5200 of it). I may also have to pay up to $700 out of my pocket because of fees that they are charging me that I believe is price gouging.

8. They refuse to work with me on the costs. You would think that if you're paying them $6000, they could throw in a price break on the oil change and NYS inspection I need, or lower the cost of labor a bit, or something.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

DO NOT go to Palisades. I am in litigation w/ them as I type!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:28 AM

Re: Palisades is a poor place also - what is your story?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:57 AM

Default They suck - I know a lady

that picked her car up from 5k service, on the way home the car dies. They said it was waterlock in the engine...said she drove the car though a puddle and was responsible for the damage to the car - $22k. Im sure they either sold her a faulty car or did something wrong in the oil change.

Fairfield used to be better - they are a bunch of crooks now though - -want good service buy a Bentley manual and do it yourself - nobody around that I know of, dealer or otherwise for Audi
Old 02-25-2005, 11:29 AM

Default I asked the woman ( I guess Diane)at Mohegan Lake,,,,

I called and asked exactly what is done for the 20K service, if only an oil change I won't use them. She said "read the book". That was the last time I called.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Try Danbury?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Word on the allraod board is that Jack Daniels is great...

Personally I use Palisades and haven't had any problems. Although I've only had routine maintenance and a hazard relay replaced. I'm sure when my turbos blow I'll change my mind.

The way I look at it, we all love our dealer until they **** us off, from then on, they suck...

Let's just say they all suck and there's nothing we can do about it.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Service reps are extremely arrogant at Mohegan...hope you get your car back

I've had much better luck since I moved upstate, dealers are not as stuck up and they really do try to help you, though I am generalizing. Good luck. I hope you get your car back.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They used to do good work for me... but i think the service management changed and they SUCK now.

I got so pissed off that I called AoA and complained about them while in their dealership.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Call Jack Daniels.. in Failawn NJ

Tell them you tale.. they may pay for the tow if they want the business bad enough and they are good.
Try to remind yourself.. no dealer is obligated to accept any extended warranty. Its entirely up to them.

Tell the warranty company the problem. You could also call KMD Tuning in Westwood NJ.. Danny is Audi Trained and will do the job with no problems.

Quick Reply: God Awful Service at Mohegan Audi - Is there somehwere else to go???