Hey Jackson (Haakon)....need advice on this Burton Snowboard...and availability

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember the old SIA (Ski Industry of America) show in Vegas? It used to pack..

the entire Las Vegas convention center, every room, every hall, and attracted 100's of 1000's of people. Now it barely fills one convention room at the Mandalay Bay.

When a place like Princeton Ski Shops has to declare bankruptcy and places like your shop and small independent snowboard shops everywhere are still thriving, it tells you something.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no argument there

snowboarding definitely forced the ski industry to re-invent itself and shaped skis, terrian parks and more technical gear are definitely a result of snowboarding influence.

On a professional level, I am not minimizing the talents of any snowboarder, but for the average rider/skier, the learning curve for skiing is much longer.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "Lack of Skill"? LOL sorrie, but everything hat Skiers are trying to do to push their sport

was because of snowboarding. Bigger Jumps, Bigger Spins, Bigger Gaps, Narlier Cornices and Descents. Hell.....everything with the new hot "Freestyle Skiing" movement was directly because of snowboarding. Snowboarding brought a new way to see the Mountain....and brought not only fun but pushing the envelopes of what could be accomplished on Snow. You wanna tak about "SKILL" now?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default narrower board.....

will be quicker and shraper as far as turning, edge to edge. It won't be sluggish and it certainly will be more agile and manuverable. You'll see a Huge difference once you get onto a narrow board. With a size 8.5 boot....you should def be on a normal/narrow board.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You have not tried snowboarding, have you?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Default NY/NJ/CT ski trip to Killington this winter?

I have a friend who coordinates a huge ski trip twice every year. It's a weekend trip and you stay at the Killington lodges. It's usually the 2nd weekend in December. If anyone's interested, I'll post up the details when they come out. Last year was great...too bad it started coming down really hard on Sunday morning...we decided to leave that morning instead of skiing in that beautiful powder because we didn't feel like getting stuck in VT for another night.
AudiWorld Super User

Default Princeton sucked

they defintiely knew nothing about their equpiment -- boards or skis, they were equally useless.

They only way to shop for a board or skis is to demo them on the hill. Competitent salespeople can narrow the choices, but everyone has unique traits and the hill is always the deciding factor.

awesome thanks!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 AM

Default I have an Old 157 Salomon for $200 with bindings...

let me know if your interested.. ;p
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default of course Skiing as a longer "learning curve".....to each his own

but for most, including MANY parents wo have skied for years....the truth is "they AREN"T going to get any BETTER" skiing, and their kids snowboard.....so crossing over and trying something different is very fun and refreshing for them. Plus, they get to be on a one-plank like their kids.

theother flipside....i don't see the fun of spending years to perfect your "skiing technique" so you can ski down Moguls more uniformly or make big S carves. Just my opinion though

Quick Reply: Hey Jackson (Haakon)....need advice on this Burton Snowboard...and availability