Hey Jackson (Haakon)....need advice on this Burton Snowboard...and availability

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never said all Snowboard fashion is great........

all i said is that it set a trend. And it has certainly influenced the Ski market from that standpoint
Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default as far as the Warranty issue goes.......

it def has to do in conjuction with the ratio of boards out there. There are many more Burton boards out on the hill compared to all the other brands. As someone who has worked in the industry since 98'......as well as for Ski Market....you should have an idea of how many more Burton boards are purchased by your company compared to others. Typically, for any large shop.......it is easily 2 to 1 or even 3 to 1 in some cases. Like Dubaudi said......the more product you put out there, the more of a chance it has to come back for warranty. And T6's will snap simply because of its construction, materials (or lack thereof), and because its a board that pushed the envelope of snowboard construction and technology. Its not a board for everyone.....and lighweight boards like that have been snapping for years (think of the FL project). A Custom has none of those issues as you know.....and that is the board that "defined" the Burton line if you will. As far as that board being the same for the last few years....it is simply because "why mess with a good thing?". And the Custom is definitely a good thing......a board that rides everything well under any conditions.

You remind me of my Manager.....who hates Burton (loves Ride and believes it is the best company)...lol However, even he will agree that Burton makes some excellent boards and products. And they def push the envelope as far as incorporating new materials or trying new things. Sure.....not all of their ideas work (Speedzone SZ bindings for example)......but many do, and it improves the snowboard experience as it trickles over their entire line.

You may have your reservations about corporate Burton........but every industry needs its Giant to push it further along, year after year.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well put, I agree with everything you said. My big point was to get over the Burton name and...

look at what you r getting for the money. Burton will lose 90% of the time the "bang for the buck" test. Rome was created from this exact idea, they got too big too fast and lost the quality and care about aything except making more money and keeping the train rolling. Pump out more of the same and make it look just different enough. They make decent high end stuff, but for the cost it better be. What would you buy if you had to actually pay: Vapor, SL-8, and C-60s for $1700ish or a Concept UL, FULs, and Alphas for $1300ish. Forget the price, Id still rather have the Ride stuff if they were both free.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Very true...

They get all the corny crap, prob why I hate it more, you r right. They def push the limits fashion, to get people to talk about it either way. Its obviously working. I love my AK asteroids coat, look a few below, its sick but not tacky, IMO. I cant stand the full matching suits more than anything else. You want Plamo or crazy Houndstooth, whatever, dont get matching coat and pants, its just weird. I went all black the past few years to get away from the full suit thing.