insurance is quoting me $7400 in repairs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The fact that it was stolen and the engine damaged voids that anyway..

Audi wouldn't certify the replacement past their 12months 12K miles parts warranty anyway..
Old 08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll dissagree.. your fender is used.. the insurance co..

could go to a salvage yard and give you another used fender, fix it, paint it..done.. But they don't and won't..

Reman is the way to go and it can be logically fought for.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think your have too much faith in the salvage market..

The engine could have come from a totaled car.(likely) it could have moved forward and crashed into the radiator it could have sustaned internal damage or hair line fractures. You may not know any of this untill the install or even after 10K miles..something could appear. Not to mention how the salvage yard removed the engine is also key. Some just cut and pull. Others will disconnect properly and remove it.

There are too many variables.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 AM

Default oh yes they will go to junk yard and get a used fender. It depends on the insurace

I had a sentra (lont time ago) and it got hit in the door and fender the insurance company would not provide new parts cost and only would provide for a used fender.. Times of changed and insurance companys are looking for cost savings also. the replacement parts have to meet the same condition as the car was in before the damage. call around and you will find your answers
Old 08-03-2005, 04:40 AM

Default hmmmm,,,,

it depends on the insurance company. They do have the right to use salvaged parts, especially in a car that is a few years old with milaege on it. Salvage parts are not considered aftermarket. They are OEM and are guaranteed by the supplier. If the insurance company pays for a part from a specific supplier, and it is defective during the warranty period, than the insurance company will take care of a second replacement, if you buy it on your own,, you are now the one responsible. I would advise taking the engine that the insurance company is providing. It is opbviously lower milaege than yours and will be guaraneed. ALso, how this is settled depends on the individual insurance company, Like anything else, you get what you pay for, and without generalising it seems that you are being taken care of fairly and within state statutes. You won't total the car with $7400. in repairs, its not even close. TO total you have to be at least close to 70% of the value of the car with most companies.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Read your policy.. the parts they use and your choices..

are written in the contract. Nothing is ever arbitrary. A body shop repair guy can BS you into accepting anything he wants by saying" The Ins. co won't pay for anything else..."

This is a typical BS line to increase their bottom line. The insurance companits do nothing arbitrary, and its always written in the contract you have. Usually in plain english.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:44 AM

If the insurance company buys that engine, they will make sure its properly guaranteed.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well said...

They have the right to use them, but you do have the right to refuse them, based upon alternative availability. If nothing else OEM can be had then you use it.

This all goes back to it being 100% advisable to use the GUARANTEED BODY SHOP of the insurance company.

Our GTI was vandalized..scratehd.. to the poiht that it needed 100% body repainting. I chose the best shop in the Geico Long Island list. We were not please with the outcome. Back it goes until its right..no questions asked.

If you pick the shop.. then what happens is between you and the shop.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default regarding your wheels, I can get them fixed for with no problems!!! (read)

We have a wheel company in Port CHester, NY that fixes wheels and also does powder coating as well. Let me know if you would like me to have them repaired, I can tell them you are a friend of mine so I can get you a good deal.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:48 AM

Default What he said ^^

This guy can work miracles.
Me = Proof positive

Quick Reply: insurance is quoting me $7400 in repairs.