insurance is quoting me $7400 in repairs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've worked at dealers and done CPOs.. and dealt with stuff like this

Audi did not certify the engine that is going in your car.. warranty no longer covers that engine. Same thing goes for new cars.. You take out an oil pan on a man hole cover, insurance puts a new engine in.. You no longer have your orginial warranty on the engine even if you got a brand new engine from the manufacture it would only carry the warranty of 12K miles or 12 months or whatever the insurance company covers past that.

The fact that you are not CPO makes all this worthless anyway.

Also as far as Audi and their CPO are concerned if the job was done right they'd never have a clue a used engine went int.. They would definitly know if a reman went in, so you'd hav beter luck with covereage in the future with the salvage engine.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:19 AM

Default what experience do you have with salvage engines?

I've worked with 10+ different salvage engines in the last few years and never once had a single problem with any of them.

how they remove the engine will not affect the function of the engine. As the cut parts would be replaced with his original parts.. An engine moving foward and hitting the radiator.. the radiator will lose the engine will win.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:21 AM

Default But whats the difference there then what you had on your car..

That is what he insurance company will argue with you. You had used turbos on your car.. a used engine in your car. If you want to use the argument that your engine with 50K (random number) had turbos that were fine then you aren't gonna help your case in saying that a used 23K mile engine would be in worse shape. If there are problems as others have pointed out your insurance company will cover it. I don't know a single insurance company that does not warranty their claim work.