just got into an accident =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got into an accident =(

..was racing with an Integra (VTEC) on the GWB doing around 80mph with my gf in the passenger seat. He's right on my tail and we're just about crossed the bridge back into NJ and we cut to the right lane where lo and behold in front of me is a stalled vehicle. I had no room to cut over to the left because there's an SUV right next to me so I slam on the brakes and hope that I have enough room to come to a stop but no way...I'm coming up to the stalled vehicle fast! There's no way I'm going to rear-end the stalled car going that fast..especially with another car right on my tail. The SUV in the middle lane is almost past me so I slide over as much as possible enough to clear the stalled vehicle (probably literally by an inch or two) but I end up clipping the Pathfinder's rear bumper and the Integra behind me can't slow down in time either so he rear ends me and makes me fishtail. After a couple of swings, I regain my composure and pull over to the side. During the fishtails, I guess my rear wheel hits the curb because when I get out and check out the damage, my rear tire is curbed all around. Major damage includes the driver side headlight strewn all across the highway, front left quarterpanel is scraped up, my bumper is all scraped up and the exhaust is pushed in like 6-7 inches. I'm surprised we got out of it the way we did and nobody got hurt.

After everything was said and done, the Port Authority cops pushed me to the nearest gas station since I can't get towed from the GW Brigde. I thought my car wasn't driveable because I saw some fluids drain from under the car...I thought it was antifreeze but later on realized that I cracked my windshield washer fluid bottle and that's what was leaking from the car. I saw the dash light but didn't realize it was WW-fluid. I eventully called Audi Road-side assistance to get me a tow-truck. The guy from TCB Towing is pretty cool. I was planning on having him drop the car off at Riverside Audi in the morning but he tells me about a body shop he knows. Has anyone ever heard of Car Kraft in Englewood, NJ? Are they any good? He swears by them but I have my doubts...tow-truck drivers always have their "favorite" places. Does anyone else have a recommended body shop to have my car dropped off at in the morning?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default right by the GWB - get it to C&D in Hackensack, you will not regret it.

Tell him Kevin with the blue A4 and half of freakin Audiworld recommended them. Matt will take care of you. Don't bother with the dealer, and certainly not with some guy the tow truck driver knows. C&D does everything from collision repair to body mods - they're authorized for Oettinger among many others and did my Oettinger spoiler - and is the official shop for BMW's dealer network.

<a href="http://www.cd-autobody.com">C&amp;D Autobody</a>
Old 07-12-2005, 09:23 PM

Default i hope you learned your lesson.

glad no one got hurt.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 PM

Default it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks

I'm addicted to speed...
Old 07-12-2005, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^Listen to this guy. I second this recommendation^^^^
Old 07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What did your GF have to say about this?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:33 PM

Default sounds like a plan!

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and tell the tow-truck driver to bring it there.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:34 PM

Default she took it in stride...

she actually likes the way I drive...guess it's the adrenaline rush. =)
Old 07-12-2005, 09:42 PM

Default yea i think we all are...

but knowing your limits is key. Hope everything works out.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OT: By any chance, does your GF work at..

the Midtown Grill in Clifton. The waitress and I got into a conversation after she saw my A4. She said that her boyfriend drove a black S4 and that it was stolen twice before. May that be you? A longshot I guess.

Quick Reply: just got into an accident =(