lol...my gf is moving back to cali...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you can never win against the parents...

shes south indian, i know the culture fairly well...i have zero chance of winning by going against her parents... so i told her that the decision needed to be what SHE wanted not what i wanted or what her parents wanted altho its obvious her parents and i wanted different things. she didnt get me being quiet about it...*shrug*

the more i think about it, the more i need her to grow up to really understand my POV. oh well.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not sure how you would do it since I don't know her, but you need..

it to be her idea if she is to stay. Even if it were you who enlightened her.

The worst thing you can do is make her choose...parents or you. In any culture that is a lesson in futility.

Good luck
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting...

I can relate.. going through something very similar... should I stay, should I goes.. all that stuff. Not that I think you are looking for advice, but if you want it... well... here it is...

South Indian women (have a few very close Indian friends) are not what they use to be. Traditional Indian families, maybe, but most of the parents are open to their childrens generations including new "POV." I agree with Mike, when he says "she was waiting for you to ask her to stay." Read between the lines Ant... she was "waiting" for you to give her some kind of reason to stay, but all you could do was say "I love you." Yea those words mean a lot, and they should, but have youthought she may not be taking you very seriously? She may be saying to herself..."if he loves me, will he want me to stayfor him?" Have you thought that she mayhave told her parents what you told her? If how you feel is true, and you do in fact feel that way then talk to her and askher how she honestly feels about you. If her parents believe in how you two feel towards each other, than they won't fight that... THAT I am curtain of!

Remember.. women have a tendency of saying things just to see what the reaction would be, even when they haven't made up their mind. Don't always believe everthing you hear... but listen to what is not said (meaning pay attention you frigin pothead!) =) Oh (I mean EX pothead)!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally...a female admits it.... Thank you.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How long have you been with her? At least you didn't end the relationship

the day before New Years. *hides face*

fvckin women.