Old 10-19-2020, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you go to the dealer?
Old 07-30-2021, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone!
A new 2021 Q3 owner here from Queens, NYC? Any suggestion about where to go for first that is 10k service?
Old 07-31-2021, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

If you are skipping the dealer, try Tyrol.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:44 AM
S W
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SamikJonak
Hello everyone!
A new 2021 Q3 owner here from Queens, NYC? Any suggestion about where to go for first that is 10k service?
Where did you purchase the vehicle so why would you not establish a relationship with that Dealership’s service department? In my experience not all of them are trying to sell you snake oil, but some do (Audi of Manhattan!) sometimes proximity to you is the biggest factor and is the most convenient thing to consider. Dealerships around here all roughly charge $180-195 hourly rates so pick your poison.

Town Audi in Englewood NJ seems ok but I’ve not had a major repair done there, just small stuff but they are helpful and friends of mine have had good experience with them.

Audi of Manhattan stay away, high hourly rate, and while the service guys seems nice enough I’ve never come away from there without them tacking on and finding another 1-2k repair “needed” for my car (although I did recently pass the 100k mark, so…) they also can’t always do certain things depending on what it is because they don’t have the equipment to handle it.

Audi of Meadowlands (NJ) have had major repair done there and it was done well and always get a loaner (unlike some others).

Classic Audi in Westchester isn’t the biggest shop and space is tight.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
If you are skipping the dealer, try Tyrol.
Thanks. I bought the car from Audi Manhattan. Not sure if that's the place to go for servicing as well.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S W
Where did you purchase the vehicle so why would you not establish a relationship with that Dealership’s service department? In my experience not all of them are trying to sell you snake oil, but some do (Audi of Manhattan!) sometimes proximity to you is the biggest factor and is the most convenient thing to consider. Dealerships around here all roughly charge $180-195 hourly rates so pick your poison.

Town Audi in Englewood NJ seems ok but I’ve not had a major repair done there, just small stuff but they are helpful and friends of mine have had good experience with them.

Audi of Manhattan stay away, high hourly rate, and while the service guys seems nice enough I’ve never come away from there without them tacking on and finding another 1-2k repair “needed” for my car (although I did recently pass the 100k mark, so…) they also can’t always do certain things depending on what it is because they don’t have the equipment to handle it.

Audi of Meadowlands (NJ) have had major repair done there and it was done well and always get a loaner (unlike some others).

Classic Audi in Westchester isn’t the biggest shop and space is tight.
Thanks. That's really helpful. I bought the car from Audi Manhattan but as you have wrote, I will stay away from them. I hope other NJ dealers will treat me as the same way as the place from where I have bought the car? Thanks
Old 12-12-2023, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on this? Good independent shop around nyc?
Old 12-12-2023, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Konradical6
Any updates on this? Good independent shop around nyc?

I left NYC, but used Tyrol in Queens.