Is there a general time frame when "all" dealers get in their next model yr?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a general time frame when "all" dealers get in their next model yr?

i.e. most dealers will have their '08 inventory in by sometime in Sept.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sounds right. are you getting a leftover? i read an article last week that

the american car manufacturers will be starting their crazy offers very soon. they will need to move inventory that has been building up.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:19 AM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Default it gets rolled out gradualy by model.

usually by august/sept its complete tho.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:22 AM

Default I love the leftover concept

but the issue is exactly that, you have no choices.

I'm sure I'll have less negotiating power with a just released 08 vs an 07 they want to unload, but everywhere I've been seems to have so little.

A TL here and there, CTS's in bad colors, no subie gt's, tough going on the 4 door gti as well.

argh.... I hate this stuff.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Let me know if you are interested with the TL still. I can call a friend for you.

email me the options you want.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Let me know if you are interested with the TL still. I can call a friend for you.

you have a TL dealer friend? NJ or NY?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Paramus, NJ (Park Ave Acura)

Tell him you are a friend of Alvin. He will treat you like family.

George Meyerson
Phone: (201) 587-9000 x224
george@parkaveacura.com
Old 06-05-2007, 08:29 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Alternatively...DCH Acura in Montclair...

I found them through Costco. $500 over invoice, no squabbling (well, I had to chase away the F&I guy when I closed the deal, but I didn't have any problems with the sales guys).

If you poke around the forums on Acurazine, you'll find a forum dedicated to them. Post in there, someone will respond, and you can call them to get an even better deal than I got. Won't really matter too much to them whether you get an 07 or 08. They will probably move the 07's under invoice when the 08's are out, but the difference won't be substantial. They work on volume...they want to move cars.

BTW, last year the 07's came out in August.

I had a great experience with DCH! I drove up from PA 1.5 hours to test drive a TSX. The guy had a 6 speed and auto ready for the test drives. After I got back, I told him I wanted to think about it. I wasn't happy with the interior, and some other things. I told him I was also considering an A3. He whipped out a business card and told me to head over to DCH Audi and speak to his friend over there. I went straight there, and they were equally accomodating. They ran over to their storage lot and grabbed and A3 with the sport package for me to romp on through the reservation. Same deal there too...$500 over invoice, no haggling. In the end, I called DCH Acura back a month later and told him I didn't want the TSX. Instead I wanted to put a deposit on a TL. That following weekend I came up to look at the interior/exterior combos, and picked one out to purchase. I could have gone elsewhere, but the good price and lack of ugly sales tactics really made this easy/pleasant for me (again, with exception to the F&I guy). Paul Wong was the sales guy I dealt with...real young kid, very pleasant to deal with. Every salesperson I dealt with was in their "internet" department. I didn't deal with any of the salespeople that handle walk-ins. Experience might have been completely different (and a higher price), but that doesn't matter...you know how what to do now.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Default I was at Rallye Acura locally here

and the overall experience was good as well. No complaints, they were friendly and accomodating with no straining, or pushiness. Obviously there was number sharpening to be done, but I imagine not too much.

on a stndard 36 mos lease the total oop was 1600 for a 423 payment.

base TL, no nav
Old 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What is the next ride?

Quick Reply: Is there a general time frame when "all" dealers get in their next model yr?