Update on my Underage drinking charge in PA...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kip, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:51 AM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Default driving privilige suspension is always used as a deterrant regardless of the offense.

if its warranted that is...

if i got arrested smoking a joint, they could suspend my license even if i was walking on the sidewalk, if you bounce a check to the DMV they will suspend you license, if you are driving while suspended, they will suspend your sh*t again...

its because that is usually the greatest deterrent to someone because it will have the greated impact on their livelihood.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:52 AM

Default Re: if you needed your license that badly why did you plead not guilty?

Haha, yea I was not going to step on any toes. I was very polite to the judge thining should would give me some kind of leway but no. She said the license suspension is manditory and if she didn't do it should said she would be hasseled by her bosses.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:56 AM

Default BTW, Car is for sale if anyone is interested

I'm going to talk to the dealer about buying out the lease and finding out what kind of deal I can get. I have no way to get to work and class, so I'm going to have to either sell the car and not work or get an apartment on campus with my friend at Rutgers and walk/take busses to class.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 AM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Default LOL...."her bosses"

the thing to remember is do well in school so that you get a high paying job...that way you can buy your way out of any "crimes" you commit...

its true.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Appeal. Use her previous verdict against her and for you

DUI < passenger penalty?

This is very wrong, get a lawyer!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default many states have laws on the books to penalize underage drinkers..

with suspension of their driving privledges. In some statesm the judge has no leeway, the amount and time of suspension is part of the law itself...mandatory. This must have been the case for you. However the same may not be true for an 'of age' drinker.

The end of it all is you need to accept resonsability for you actions. You had no reason to plead not guilty, especially when the consequence was less than the guilty.

Some you win some you loose. Don't drink to excess is what it all comes down to.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 AM

Oh I agree 100%, if you got the money you can get out of murder charges.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Re: many states have laws on the books to penalize underage drinkers..

I agree with you, but I'm sure not many of you who are of the legal age to drink can say they never drank in high school or college. And my BAC was .06 which is below the legal limit, it wasn't like I was trashed. The officer said he had reasonable cause becasue when he walked to the car he saw that my eyes looked blood shot and glassy.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:25 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I think you're missing the point...

According to the <b>law</b>, the legal limit if you're under 21 is 0.00%. You were over the limit as it is defined by the law.

Now I agree, it's a silly law, and the level of enforcement is rediculous since you were not behind the wheel, but somewhere in the state legislature, someone made a case for how the same poor judgement that led someone to drink illegally will also lead to poor judgement when it comes to driving under the influence. It's gonna cost you a lot of money to undo that law, so for all purposes, this discussion only serves to dwell on your situation.

The real takeway here is you need to be aware of the consequences *before* you do something. Ex: I speed...all the time. If I get caught, I get a fine, points, insurance surcharges, etc. Yes it hurts, but I'll deal with it. But in my state, if I get nailed for 30+, then I have to see a judge, face possible license suspension, reckless driving charges, etc. It gets ugly. Now, there are sections on a local highway near me where doing 90 in a 55 when traffic is light is perfectly doable. It's as flat and clear as an Arizona highway...but the sign still says 55. The only reason I make sure the needle stays under 85 is because I'm not willing to go through the nonsense the state has deemed necessary for that charge.

Quick Reply: Update on my Underage drinking charge in PA...