Won ebay auction, $12.5 Import Cars of West Chester refusing to honor

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won ebay auction, $12.5 Import Cars of West Chester refusing to honor

Dealer: Import Cars of West Chester won't honor sale!!!

Last week 12/09/11 i put an offer in for a 2005 Audi S4 to a dealership in West Chester, PA. A couple hours later i was responded by them with a counter offer of the same exact offer i gave them, $12,500. I simply accepted their offer and won the car. I called up the dealership trying to put my down payment on the car and they refused to take it and said they will not be selling the car to me.

Iv'e called ebay about the situation and they told me even though they can't make the seller sell the car, there will be consequences.

As far as me being able to get this car for the price of $12,500, what grounds do i have? Iv'e read over all of the other problems like this on ebay but my situation is a little different.

Thanks!

Here's some more info about the car:

Audi S4

Item Number: 180771921710

Agreement:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 387 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by s4man1

As far as me being able to get this car for the price of $12,500, what grounds do i have? Iv'e read over all of the other problems like this on ebay but my situation is a little different.

Hello, and welcome aboard!

I have no idea what the fair market value is for the car. What should it be?

I know that if I were serious about pursuing this, I'd hire an attorney and request his assistance in completing the sale on a legally binding contract. Does that make sense?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Hello, and welcome aboard!

I have no idea what the fair market value is for the car. What should it be?

I know that if I were serious about pursuing this, I'd hire an attorney and request his assistance in completing the sale on a legally binding contract. Does that make sense?
yes that makes sense 100% i've already contacted a lawyer and he's currenty going over everything as we speak.

Fair Market or Auction Pricing for the car is between $11,000 and $13,000.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So why in god's name are they refusing to complete the transaction?? I'm lost. What is the "other half of the story"?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So why in god's name are they refusing to complete the transaction?? I'm lost. What is the "other half of the story"?
If you look at the Agreement picture i posted it says their Advertised Price is $19,995. Thats why they wont honor the transaction. I've listed all info i know about the transaction, no secrets here.

I offered them 12,500 they counter offered me the same offer, i accepted and won. Received a computerized email from the dealership stating congrats on winning the car.. etc etc. Called them to place my deposit as i was required by the Terms of Service and they refused to take the deposit.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ohhh, so they don't know how to manage the eBay auction system and never intended to put in the $12.5k price.

It reminds me of the L.A Toyota dealer story that was advertising new Corollas (or whatever) for "10,000 bananas". So, someone rolls in with a truck with 10,000 bananas and wanted to do the deal. Or the eBay sale a year or two ago where the winning bidder ended up at $10k below MSRP on a Challenger and the dealer balked.

This is all going to boil down to how aggressive you can be, S4man.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes that makes sense 100% i've already contacted a lawyer and he's currenty going over everything as we speak.

Seems odd, I would also pursue this cautiously. Nice looking car though.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ohhh, so they don't know how to manage the eBay auction system and never intended to put in the $12.5k price.

It reminds me of the L.A Toyota dealer story that was advertising new Corollas (or whatever) for "10,000 bananas". So, someone rolls in with a truck with 10,000 bananas and wanted to do the deal. Or the eBay sale a year or two ago where the winning bidder ended up at $10k below MSRP on a Challenger and the dealer balked.

This is all going to boil down to how aggressive you can be, S4man.
Correct but ebay does require you to hit submit twice when your submitting a couteroffer or offer. Mistake or not.

I read about the challenger story but didnt think it was close to my situation.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
Seems odd, I would also pursue this cautiously. Nice looking car though.

I willing to take this as far as i can go. Already contacted a lawyer who called the dealership already and got told to go screw himself, basically do what he wants there not selling the car.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is a link to the thread in Motortrend

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/8943...x.html#8943488

Quick Reply: Won ebay auction, $12.5 Import Cars of West Chester refusing to honor