Pacific Northwest Discussion

Any Western Montana guys hang out here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any Western Montana guys hang out here?

Looking to move to western Montana, didn't know if any of them hang out here, or in the Rockies forum. I'm guessing there are very few? TIA. Lane
Old 04-01-2006, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw an audi dealership in montana, gotta be at least one
Old 04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Stätus Josh

I spend some time in Missoula. My wife's family is from there. I like it over there a lot
Old 04-01-2006, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Used to live in Missoula & Helena. You will love it if you dig cold winters...

and nice summer days.
I was in Helena about a month ago & saw several Audis. I think that there is a dealership in Bozeman.
Try:
Dick Walter Audi
1800 W Main St
Bozeman, MT 59715
PH: (406) 586-1772
FX: (406) 556-1080
My family had many Audis over the years in MT but always brought them out from Portland, Oregon. My uncle used to work for Gateway Porsche Audi a few years back.

Good luck & enjoy!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I grew up there. MT winters are nothing compared to Maine.

Thanks. I know there is also a dealer in Whitefish, and Mountain Imports in Missoula does the dealer maintanance. Miss Portland, haven't been back in years. I graduated from OSU a long time ago..thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't bother with the rocky mountain forum. Most of their events are in Colorado and I'm not driving 1000 miles one way to do anything down there.

I live in Whitefish (above Flathead lake). I grew up in the Missoula area. As far as Audi dealerships, there is 2. One in Bozeman, one in Whitefish.

There are no Audi get-togethers over here. I don't even know of any people from this side of the state on Audiworld. In fact I'm going to be traveling over to Coeur D'Alene soon to go to a euro car cruise (closest area for that sort of thing).

Winters here have been really mild the last 7 years or so. Often I wonder why I have seperate winter tires/wheels for everything. Missoula is the "big city" on the west side of the state. Summers are great if you like the outdoors.

You moving out here for sure, or are still thinking about it?

Got any questions? Let me know. blackaudis4@hotmail.com
Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM

"really mild" = negative 40 when i drove seattle -> billings last january
Old 04-03-2006, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default that was for 1 week...

There was about 4 days when it was -20 up here last January. It can get cold, but usually not cold with blizzard like conditions.
From what I know of winters around the great lakes and back east they are quite snowy. I haven't once woken up to find 24" of fresh snow outside :-)
The most snow we got this last winter was 7". It warmed up and melted half of it two days later.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Good deal.

I'll add you to my address book if I've got any audi related questions. I grew up in Hamilton. Love Whitefish. My goal is to make enough money to retire there for the summers. Actually played golf for two days at Whitefish Lake Golf Club two summers ago. Haven't been to Big Mountain for 15+ years. Usually if I make a trip out West to ski I'm at Big Sky. I didn't think there was a lot of MT guys cruising AW, but it's always helpful to ask. From what I hear, Mountain Imports in Missoula does good work. I will most likely be there within 6-8 months. I'll look you up and we can have a mini-audi meet. Thanks. Lane
Old 04-08-2006, 03:27 PM

Default How about a Girl in Western Mt?

I'm in Missoula, along with my s.o. We are Type 44 Audi owners and post (at least me) fairly regularly on the 5000-100-200-V8 forum. Those 'other' Audi drivers in town know they own a great vehicle, but are not enthusiasts as some of us are...IMO. I take my car to Mountain Imports in town if it is something I cant take care of myself...the guys on the 'other' forum are loads of help to me, and I try to do what I can before dishing out the big bucks! Current labor rate/hr is around $57. He (Ray the owner) does a bang up business, and when you call- it usually takes 2 weeks to get your car in...I do agree with MTS4, GTG's are very rare...gotta go out of state for a good one!

Quick Reply: Any Western Montana guys hang out here?