Pacific Northwest Discussion

Congrats to 3LG - - - making AutoWeeks top 10 in the country detailers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wasnt the "Best of the Northwest" pretty much the same type of popularity contest?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty much every known northwest detail shop was involved in that contest.

I'm sure each shop made their customers aware of the contest.

This thing seems to be word of mouth from some company (Bella Machina) and only the people they recommended (or know about) made the cut. That makes no sense. Who made them the entire nation's detailing authority? I'm sure there are places that they haven't even heard about that would blow them out of the water in certain aspects of detailing.

That's like saying I'm going to make a list of the 10 best hockey players in the nation but I'll only consider players in the WHL.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Who are you kidding...

u would not be one of the 10 best national players in the WHL (womens hockey league?)
Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 PM

speaking of hockey.. you want the tickets for this Saturday?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

WESTERN HOCKEY LEAGUE!!!! That's where the Thunderbirds play!!! Don't you know the local team?!?!?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Damn right I do!

yay!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM

ok sweet!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wow, being kind of petty aren't we

few links to give you an idea of Todd's work.
http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110556-la-bella-firma-round-two-50-hours-lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-330-pics-long.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/115620-5-days-1-ferrari-150-pictures-la-bella-firma-bella-macchina.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/97973-road-cavillino-complete-177-pictures-1-wk-show.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/115220-last-two-months-bella-macchina-paint-corrections-ferraris-porsches-more.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/113739-3-ferrari-corrections-2-f430-s-one-real-bad-orginal-paint-boxer.html

I have spoken to todd on several occasions. We don't often agree on teqnique, or even the chemistry side of detailing. We have vehemently disagreed with each other over the years. Given our history I am honored he mentioned me, That being said his list was not the only list given. I respect Todd and his work. It is of a quality not often seen, He has painstakenly positioned himself with an excelent clientele that allows him to do the quality of the work above on a regular basis. More over the He focuses on the one thing we both agree on. Building up this industry. He goes about it via his click and brags and person to person instruction. I go about it client by client. Sure there are detailers that did not make the list, there are detailers that may not be known in the industry.

I can understand why you think this is a popularity contest. the fact of the matter is it was not. It was based off respect. As i mentioned above todd and I have not been the best of pals when it comes to various detailing ideas. That being said we respect each others work. I recomended from florida, Todd and david freemani, From the North east Rick. From texas, Josh vette, Scott Hair, From cali Jose fernandez, From seattle John Kleven.

That does not mean you need to act in such a classless manner jake. I would have never responded in such a way if it was Mirror works or NWAS that was mentioned. I don't know why you are being a jack *** about it. All you had to say was congrats, or nothing at all. To the best of my knowlege i have only helped you, been nice, and bought you beers. For what ever petty reason you have, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all.

Aa a side note I do not know the OP, To the best of my knowlege we have never spoken, nor did I ask him to post this. From his reply I do not think he knew that I own 3lg.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks Matt

Let me know when your in town next. Lets grab a beer.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default not at all

as you know I'm not involved or affiliated in any way with any detail company anymore. I was not even questioning this list with any previous experience in mind. However, having spent some time in the industry, I probably looked at it more critically than others.

I was more curious as to how this list came about. From first glance, it seemed to just be a unfounded popularity contest with a small niche group of detailers. That's why I asked. It would surprise me if Autoweek proclaimed that they have a list of the "10 top detailers" in the nation if all they used was a contact list of one company (bella) and some forum comments. It isn't a good way to get a representative population.

Why wasn't Island Detail mentioned? I'm guessing it's because they probably aren't known in that small group of detailers. That's my point. Same with other high-quality companies in the NW and across the nation.

Either way, it's not classless to question something like this. I didn't do it in a way that was putting down you and your company, I was seeking a response. I wanted to know the basis for a claim of the "top 10" in a nation. That's a broad claim and it seems like they didn't do enough research to make the claim.

I have no petty reasons, just curiosity. This has nothing to do with our friendship or past experience. I will continue in the same and the next beer is on me.

Quick Reply: Congrats to 3LG - - - making AutoWeeks top 10 in the country detailers.