Pacific Northwest Discussion

Had a very bad experience at Barrier today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a very bad experience at Barrier today...

Is it me, or is it like pulling teeth just to get a loaner car at Barrier? The sales dept says that the loaner cars are managed by service and the service dept tells me the loaner cars are managed by sales. After clarifying, the service advisor (I won't mention names) told me that the loaner cars were for their "premium customers" and that my expectations of Barrier-Audi svc dept were too high and unrealistic. I really don't like yelling at people to get things done, but in front of about 5 other people and while the manager hid in his office, I reamed this service advisor out. I haven't been that angry in a while, but WTF, why do I have to fight so hard just to get transportation while I brought them $6K in extended warranty repairs in the last 2.5 months? Is University Audi any better? I'm very flexible and understanding, but my conclusion is that Barrier has "bad management" written all over it. Sorry guys, I'm just a little miffed...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It depends where you got your car from. For example at University, if you bought your car there....

then you get free loaners, no questions asked (passport service). If you did not buy your car from the dealership, then you are placed on another list. Not sure how Barrier works, but could be similar.

Bruce
Old 08-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Brazil@MirrorWorks

Default Barrier always gave me a loaner... although, it was a rental from Enterprise.

It was good because it gave me a chance to hit on the hot girl that worked at the counter there. Damn that boyfriend of hers.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:35 PM

Default I've always had a good experience at Barrier...

i guess it helps that I've bought 2 cars there.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Barrier's customer service in general has gone downhill a lot.

I don't know what it is there now, but I'm thinking its the brand new facility that they have to pay for -- maybe too much emphasis on quantity instead of quality. I have just found their service guys less then helpful or enthusiastic to do more than just take my keys from me and ask me if I need a shuttle ride somewhere. My last two warranty services with them were sub-standard to say the least. It's sad for them really. I know of two new sales they got because of me, in addition to having influenced a buddy of mine to switch to them for out-of-warranty work instead of University where he bought his car -- all when I fully endorsed and spoke highly of their service guys when they were still in the old building. I have stopped giving out personal endorsements for Barrier for some time now. Additionally, have you checked out their prices for parts!??! Ridiculously high!! For DIY'ers you can definitely find OEM parts for much less else where....even University beats them by a good amount.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 AM

Default whats their definition of "premium customers"?

usually dealer only give a loaner if you buy the car from the dealer.

but for bmw, if you buy 7 series, you will get a loaner whereever. not sure if that applies to audi a8 or s4.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've never had a problem getting a loaner...

one SA did tell me a few weeks back that they were having a shortage of "Audi" loaners and they could hook me up with Enterprise (Yuck!). Maybe that's what he meant.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i asked about this and here is the answer i got.

if the service is minor and not an overnite thing you get enterprise, if it is an overnite service or a service that will take more than 4 hours you get an audi loaner.

Premium customer are customers who have purchased the car at barrier. and no Uni is no different, at least in my exp.

getting all pissy at people on defeats the purpose.

Just walk over to a salesman and ask for the GM number, if your going to bitch at anyone she is the one person who can get things done.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Too bad. my thoughts

I think about my next car and the fact there are only two Audi dealers in the PNW. Makes me rethink my next purchase. University robs customers with their outrageous prices for parts and their mechanics do a choppy job (coolant spilled all over my motor from a throttle body replacement) in which, they broke the screws on the engine cover. Not to mention the swirls in my paint from the car wash and the dent on my hood that mysteriously appeared.

But that was my experience, after all I'm sure they treat their customers better, after all they want your money again.

Maybe I'll go for a S500 next time
Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

"premium customers" are those who get on their knees.

Quick Reply: Had a very bad experience at Barrier today...