Pacific Northwest Discussion

Homedepot fiasco update

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homedepot fiasco update

So i recieved a call from john fountain assistant manager at HD issaquah on wednesday morning. He apparently was able to resolve homedepot's side of the paper issue with Certegy.

I asked for written confirmation that i did not infact owe the 3857 that they claimed. his was response was ask certegy. He believed it would be posted to my certegy control account by 5pm pst.

I called certegy at 7pm pst and found out it had not been posted. After a discussion with the person on the phone they found the paperwork and suposedly stopped all collection actions. At this point i asked for written confirmation that i never owed this amount of 3857. Certegy responded by saying they are not required nor will they send me such verification. I reworded my request and asked for written confirmation that all collection actions have ceased.

Certegy's response was that is not possible. I replied so i have to take your word on the fact collections have cease. The manager responded yes. I asked what is to stop you from not posting the info to my account even though you said you did. Waiting the perscribed 30days mandated by law (at this point on wedsday 16 days had passed already) And leaving me with this debt weather or not i truely owed it.

There response was silence. I responded doesn't certegy buy debt claims from homedepot for pennies on the dollar? You then recieve the lions share of any amount recovered? So if you simply wait the remaining days of the 30 days given to me by law, i will be legally responsible, and you are able to take full collective action.

their response was sir we would not do that. I replied I want written confirmation that i did not infact owe this amount of money, that this debt issue has been resolved with in this perscribed 30 days by law.

they hung up.

So I am contemplating what to do next.

Today i recieved a phone call from Homedepots' WE hear you email campaign. The gentleman had not read my email. So i read it to him, i then relayed homedepots response to the request for a letter stating i did not owe the debt and thissue had been resolved.

I then related my last phone call with certegy.

Why do i know that is exactly what certegy was planning to do? My wife's professional area of focus is fincancial services. She spent 7 years auditing insurance, debt collection, and credit card companies. This is and was common practice. They are required to issue you a letter of finality upon request.

Right now i am extremely upset about how even at the end of this POS process HD is ambilelent. The We hear you phone caller said, i don't know when i will get this finished for you but i will. I replied you have less then 10 days.

grrrrrrr.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Default What a pain in the ***...

You should bill them for all the time you've wasted on the phone with them because of their screwup...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Goin on 14 hours since the 15th of feb
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Default File a complaint w/ the State Attorney General and the BBB against both HD and Certegy.

IIRC, if Certegy try to file a collection against you while you have an issue open w/ the State AG, you cannot be bound to that debt until the issue is resolved, and they cannot file any claims to any credit reporting agencies.

It's been a long time since I had to deal w/ this stuff though, so you might want to double check.

But for sure, go to the State AG and BBB w/ this.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

very good idea. i will look into that when the kids go down for a nap.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Ditto on what pattycakes says, file a complaint. I still think you should contact King5 consumer

reporters. If they picked up your story, I'm sure things would happen quickly to your satisfaction.

A thought.....if/when you contact SAG and BBB, ask them if they have any complaint info on Certegy.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

just did Komo and king 5
Old 03-16-2007, 11:36 AM

One of them did a "hard hitting expose" on Home Depot and their subcontractors a while ago.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Default I hope they pick up and run with your story

Its always cool when the guilty parties end up kissing the consumers **** and making things right due to the bad publicity shining on them.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That be fantastic if they do it. KOMO4 should turn Ken Schram loose on them.

Quick Reply: Homedepot fiasco update