Pacific Northwest Discussion

I picked my car up from the dealership this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I picked my car up from the dealership this morning

After being apart (off/on) for the good part of a month, it's fixed.

I'm not going to go into details in fear of jinxing it but let's say I'm able to get 23mpg for the first time in a year!

It's the equivalent of not seeing your child for a long period of time then being reunited.

So much drama involved with getting it to this point, I'm so happy it's over!

=)
Old 01-08-2009, 04:14 PM

What model and year of Audi? What was the fix?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default B7 A4 2.0T

New fuel pump
Fuel filter
New fuel pump sensors x2

Fuel gauge had to be calibrated a few times gas tank would only fill to 3/4 full. Had to take it back twice to have it fixed due to poor workmanship.

Car is making a really bad chemical smell in the cabin. I have no idea what it is, apparently neither does Sunset, although they should since they caused it.

We've had our labyrinth (pcv) repaired 4 times in the last 5 months.

We had originally taken it in, in the beginning of December because we felt that since we could only get 15mpg and had oil on our engine cover that it was broken again. We chronically get oil and oil residue on our oil filler cap, also a sign of (pcv) failure. Sunset decided for our car " It is in Audi spec for oil to collect on our oil filler cap and engine cover"

Sunset knows this car is a lemon and because it came from Larson just makes them not want to work with us. Instead of just fixing the original problem we brought it in for(they haven't even looked at the (pcv) labyrinth) they decided to claim our fuel pump had gone bad. IT DIDN"T, it was fine. They botched the repair of the fuel pump causing a long list of other problems.

That's the condensed version.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 PM

Default Wow! None of that story sounds like it's been fun to deal with.

I would think that 15mpg is really really bad for that car. Just asked because I was curious if you were talking about low then expected mpg on a 1.8T and what the dealer did to improve it, if any.

Has anyone changed the valve cover gasket (cheap) on your car? Also, has anyone changed the gasket for the oil filler cap (extremely cheap)? Both are easy and cheap to do yourself. Oil residue can be a symptom of oil-blow-by from various components -- not always easy to determine exactly where its coming from. I had oil-blow-by start on my car at around 54K miles. Changing the gaskets I mentioned in addition to all the one and two-way pcv valves, and the suction pump myself eliminated all of it.