Pacific Northwest Discussion

OWK: I hope you have front row seats to watch the bloodbath.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Stätus Josh

lol
Old 10-06-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep hold'n on to the past... thats about all you got right now.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Rest In Peace

Default What do you have? A struggling QB, no starting RB, a shoddy defense...

Don't get caught up in the records - ours is due to a QB coming off a rocky offseason. The rest of our team is fine. Your squad has more problems than your record (against lame teams, you'll recall) indicates. I'm focused on this season - I pull out the SBXL jabs to counter the anti-Steelers talk in this forum. :-p
Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 AM

A winning record
Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Okay - you got me there.

If that makes you think you've already earned a playoff berth, then pass the doobie to the left. Don't be surprised if you find yourself at 7-5 later in the season. Down the stretch (and I don't know who's on your schedule when), when other teams are hitting their stride, if you haven't solved your problems, that 3-1 start is going to be a distant memory. Can you win the Super Bowl if you're sitting at 7-5? You'll be facing the Bears in their house again if that happens. Think you can beat them the second time?

Sorry, but I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing from the 'gulls. Two of your wins came against high school teams, you let the Giants come back hard, and the Bears destroyed you on offense and defense. Us? The only problem is our QB. Our defense is strong, and our special teams will be better now that a real return man will be playing (no clue why he wasn't in the lineup earlier).
Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 AM

Default If if's and but's were pennies I'd be a multi-millionaire... blah blah blah... 1 game != season

If it does... well then you sir are fvck'd
Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Let's check in at midseason and see where everyone is. The quarter pole is too early.

Some pretenders will fall apart, and some contenders will shake off the rust. It's similar to yapping after the preseason...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default C'mon, give the Seahawks some credit. WIth the cupcake teams in their division, they can easily

win a few more games. You can't help but to make the playoffs when you have San Fran and Arizona in your division.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Does your circular logic work in the courtroom too?

Sounds like a plan.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Prediction: Ravens and Bengals will have better records than the Steelers.

This will also contribute to the Steelers not making the playoffs. The Seahawks will make it to the playoffs based on their division and schedule. Anything can happen in the playoffs, such as last year when the wild card team made it to the superbowl helped by a fluke injury to the 2nd best QB in the league (Palmer) which would have resulted in a easy win by the Bengals, a ridiculous tackle on a fumble return that would have ended the game (Colts), and then the Bettis circus and blown calls in the superbowl.
Of course, the Steelers still won and they do have a ring to prove it. I'm still sore and hoping the Chickens will limp their way to a ring someday.

Quick Reply: OWK: I hope you have front row seats to watch the bloodbath.