Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaina is so good
Old 07-27-2008, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Haha, oh Tabella was guaranteed entertainment/mayhem

That place HAD to go though, way too many stabbings and shootings. I had a friend who used to live on Western between Battery and Wall (name of the building escapes me) and we saw some of the craziest ****.

I'm always up for beers. Shoot me an email whenever. I need to get out to Beerwendsday sometime soon too.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea u should since u live so god damn close

but hey if u think belltown is too cool to leave i understand
Old 07-28-2008, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just a few matches and a couple of gallons of gasoline will resolve this situation permanently...

No problem here.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Can't leave the ivory tower that is Belltown

where else am I going to find crack fiends on every corner, the lingering smell of **** everywhere I go and euro cars pulling out of the garages?

I'll try and venture out sometime soon. If we were a motorcyle gang I'd look for the guys wearing leather jackets, do I just look for the table with blackberrys and iphones scattered around, top shelf drinks and an audi flag?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

u ask for adam
Old 08-19-2008, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now I know why it was recommended we not walk back to the hotel after dinner at Cascadia last Summer

We cabbed it the short distance to the waterfront Marriott.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sorry to hear that you have to deal with that

But, I really have to wonder about this comment you made:

<i>I'm sure he was just drunk and got into some argument and started shooting. </i>

Do you have anything to base this on in this instance? I ask this because it seems that there are many people that believe exactly this... that people with guns walk around and use them to settle arguments, which by and large, is false.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default uhhh ok

if you're going to question casual statements weeks later, present some reasoning for your conclusion.

I made the comment based on my observation of many of the arguments I've seen in Belltown while walking home from the bars. In pretty much every case I've seen, at least one of the parties was drunk. The place where this shooting happened, pumps out tons of drunk people right around closing time at 2am. I've been among the crowd at that hour, as I often stop by for a late night gyro if I've been out with friends. Its been very easy to tell that most of the ones who are pushing/yelling/fighting are drunk.

It amazes me that anyone would pull out a gun and just start shooting at what seemed to be random targets on a fairly well populated street. I don't think it was a targeted incident, simply stupidity and rage, likely encouraged by alcohol.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default After dinner shouldn't be a problem

Most of the problems in Belltown come up right after last call, around 1:30-2am. They push a lot of people onto the street at the same time after they've all been drinking for ahwile. There are going to be bumps and shoves and it sometimes escalates.

Sure, there is also the homeless drug problem, while annoying and disgusting, I haven't had many problems with it. After 10 or 11pm, you'll likely only get crazy talk or panhandling while walking between avenues.

Seattle just needs to have more police standing by at some of the trouble spots (1st &amp; Battery. 2nd &amp; Bell. Western &amp; Blanchard) around last call. A few more foot cops I think would go a long way to curbing some of the problems we've seen growing in Belltown.

Quick Reply: Sweet, shots fired across the street last night