Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

any good race stories out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about Skram. I thought he had that one
Old 11-10-2000, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If he found my M on the road it would be a fun battle

Not flamming Audi at all, seeing how I want to get an S4, but the best time that I have seem posted with a K04 setup was Clark up in Phoenix at 14.2something. And he had massaged the crap out of his car to get that. I ran a 14.20 stock. If it was an auto M3 it would have been 14.9-15.something. So in that case they would loose. But to this day I run 0-60ft times at 2.0 flat quite consistently. If he did win all of those races then congrats. I just wish an A4 of his magnitude would live in my city.
Old 11-10-2000, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why is that ? Is the M tranny set up with higher ratios than an S4?

I would like to have one of the new 01 M3s with 333hp. But hey, who makes enough to justify a car that will cost you about $49K prior to tax I wish I did.

I thought that a chipped S4 barely tipped the 1/4 at 13.9 or something like that. Granted we are just talking about doing a chip, not down pipe and the works. The Z28s out here seem to run about 14.0-14.2. (Z28 with LS1 do 13.6) But then again, he would crash and burn at the first curve in the road.
Old 11-10-2000, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correction, I had an intake and exhaust
Old 11-10-2000, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Muscle Car MISCONCEPTION

Hey all,

Now I race my Honda and I have an Audi, mostly for daily driving. I do respect the Camaros and Mustangs out there for the performance. I'm not crazy about other aspects, but they are good at what they do.

Why do people always assume that a Mustang or Camaro doesn't handle well? Have you been to an autox or road race? The muscle cars are very competitive.
Now it's handling in a different way: big *** tires, tq to rotate the car and accelerate quickly. Obviously they are not nimble, but neither is an A4 and certainly not an S4 with it's heft.

I would probably wrap myself around a tree if I had an LS1 camaro, since I'm not used to rwd and power-on oversteer. They are a handful, but with a talented driver they are VERY fast in a straight line or around a race course... At the drag strip, they are very formidable, even bone-stock. An LS1 camaro or firebird can run low 13s right off the showroom.

FB
Old 11-10-2000, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes but the S4 will launch more cleanly than the M and has more torque everywhere on the map..

BTW - The old school E36 Euro M3's have been 320 BHP for quite some time now...I wasn't referring to the E46. Have you ever seen the engine from the Euro E36 M3? It's a work of art compared to the US spec M3...I'm not knocking your M3...just pointing out that the Euro engine is a totally different monster...it has 6 independant throttle butterflies Vs the US spec single plate throttle body...that's the most obvious difference...though I doubt that alone accounts for 80 more HP.

Regards,

James R.

2001 A4 1.8TQMSXP (Oettinger Pedals, Oettinger RE's 17x8 Yoko 225/45/R17, Euro Xenon Housings, Bailey BPV, Turbo5 Intake and RS4 Grille)
Old 11-10-2000, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, I do know about the M3s, I was referring to the new E46 one

The Euros had 280 hp back in 94. Stupid US spec stuff. Now everyone has a woody over the new one since it is almost 100 more hp than the E36 model. Sad thing is Europe just sees it as a new body style with an 8K rev limiter.

As far as torque goes, the new aluminum euro motor will have 333hp but its torque is a little lacking, comparitively speaking, at 280 something. 4.8 0-60 is not bad. To bad most of the owners won't be able to drive it hard with out the ACS on. Rear wheel drive cars are kind of quirky, but damn fun.
Old 11-11-2000, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wanna race my GSR four door? (~200 HP at the wheels all motor) >8^D

<ul><li><a href="http://members.tripod.com/DecalFree/DFH.html">DFH~Decal Free Hondas Website</a></li></ul>
Old 11-12-2000, 08:25 AM

why don't you check out the man's car before opening your mouth?
Old 11-12-2000, 08:33 AM

Default Whatever it takes to go fast..

you just happen to be in a place where everyone wants to go fast in an Audi.

Everyone who is here is into Audis, what do you expect people to say? I mean can you imagine an audifreak going over to a Muscle Car forum and saying "I have a hooked up Audi A4 let's race!" what do you think those people would say?

What it comes down to is your preference. All cars can be made to go fast. It's all about who has the most money. But what your goals are in owning a car is the most important factor.

If you want a daily driver that is fun to drive, reliable, street legal, quick, has lots of mods and information out there, can be taken to the track, can be taken to the autocrosses, then you'll be hard pressed to find a creature as good as an Audi.

If you want to go REALLY fast in a straight line then there are TONS of options out there.

Just my opinion... flame on...

Quick Reply: any good race stories out there?