Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Community help before it's too late

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Community help before it's too late

I got my first Audi in August 2015, and it was love at first drive. It was a simple 2016 A4 premium plus, with sports package, but man did I love that car. Last year my wife needed a new vehicle, she planned on getting her third Acura. I convinced her to try Audi, after all, she loved driving my A4. Her only requirements were it had to be: white, small, and "zippy". She drove the A3 and gave me the green light to get one, we brought it home on January, 10th 2023 and that was the first day I looked at my car differently. The A4 engine hands down is the better of the two, but the updates in technology were too much to ignore. For one year I've been obsessing over a new car, the wife wasn't too keen on two new cars, but I talked her into the benefits of having a "family SUV". My wife is the best and I had the green light on a 2023-2024 SQ5.

After many emails and countless calls, I got the deal I was comfortable with, but it required a two-hour drive to the LA area. January 6th, 2024, I'm making the two hour drive home in my 2024 SQ5 Daytona grey, premium plus, black optic, black optic wheels, and sports package...I didn't mind the drive, it gave me time to enjoy that beautiful machine, I was grinning ear-to-ear, for the third time in my life I was in love. Then, 30 minutes from home, I got the call.....now I need to take a step back. I have two lovely friends, salt-of-the-earth-type friends, they happen to be financially "gifted". Well, a couple of weeks ago they called and closed on a second home, they couldn't have just one car anymore. they were going to get a second top of the line Range Rover, I begged them to have a look at Audi's. So they did and decided the A8 was the car they needed, I told them its a great car, but if you're going to spend that much you should test drive an RS6 or RS7...."what is that"...back to my drive home, I picked up the call to share my great news and they are driving home in a 2024 RS7 that I am welcome to drive whenever I want. Now, I'm not a jealous person, I'm happy for them, but it did take the wind out of my sails. I stopped by their house on the way home, and we stood there admiring each other's cars when they handed me the keys--the first mistake that led me to my original point of this post. I cannot describe the experience of driving that car. I have a brand-new SQ5 and a beautiful wife who supported me getting it, why can't that be enough????

The wheels on the RS7 are breathtaking, and something about the 21" wheels on my car doesn't sit right. So that night I ordered 21" Vossen HF-5s. Next Thursday I am getting them installed, I thought it was just going to be years of me enjoying the car, the car I wanted, the car I'm fortunate enough to have...no...that isn't enough...it could have a little more. I called the dealer to let them know I'm breaking the warranty, they are friendly and there isn't a way around it, I just wanted to know how bad it will be, if the window won't roll down can they still fix it...TBD on that.

I'm 99% sure I'll do stage 1 tune, AWE or IE intake, sway bar, and intercooler. I'm second-guessing the wheels, they should arrive on Monday, so I'm either stuck with them or have to pay a restocking fee. I have a feeling I'll wish I had gone with 20" or something lighter, I do think I'll want to change the rotors and calibers at some point. I'm shy, I hate photos, I don't have social media, so I want a better all-around upgrade. Given the way I drove the A4 I think its best I'm lower to the ground. Can anyone ground me, or

give me advice on going with the 21" or losing money and going smaller and/or lighter? And why is it so hard to find actual weights of components???

if you got this far I appreciate it, I don't have people in my life to talk about this with.

let me know if you or anyone you know is looking for Audi OEM 21" rims