Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

how many 12sec A4's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12.8 at 105, APR Stage 3
Old 07-06-2004, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Still waiting for him to put up my 12.7 at 112 mph. But then that was just the first day

very respectable time slip, what is the specs on your turbo? what rpm does it give full boost?.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Elder Member

Default S-100 housing with a 60-1 compressor wheel.

Boost starts to build at around 3k rpms at the moment it is very hard to know when full boost comes on since it comes on hard at 4k rpms. I still need to get the car back on a dyno to see exactly what it is making for power at 25psi of boost.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Very similar times your getting as I got with the GT28rs...

glad to see ya back out there. So were you running 20 psi or 25psi?
Old 07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Elder Member

Default I was running 20psi on the 12.7 at 112 pass

since 1st and 2nd were still a little leaner then I would like but 3rd and 4th were exactly flat where I wanted, I pushed the boost to 25psi in 3rd and 4th gear but had to lift off the throttle because the CEL started to flash, I ended up coasting out of gear thru the finish line for a 12.8 at 114.12 mph which is the other time slip in the picture. The other issue on that run was that I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear while slipping the clutch, which you can see in the drop in time at the 330 ft mark.

If its the same as yours, it would be nice to see you post them. Just hard to believe if you dont post and the point that your tranny has been dead for so long which makes it hard to race. I have heard too many stories from the ATP camp but no proof of even running your car at the track. First you make 400 hp at the wheels now just a GT28RS running 12.7's. But yet the fwd 400 whp yellow car running a huge turbo only runs mid to low 12's at best. If your car is so fast bring it to slowtown and show us that the SmokingA4turbo can run. You have been talking smack for so long about racing me but yet when you do show up your car is nowhere to be found.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: I was running 20psi on the 12.7 at 112 pass

Smoking can we see your timeslip?
Old 07-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Elder Member

Default Is that like asking atp to show their tuning skills?

How will we know he is not going to post the time slips for the yellow car or any of the other 2 liter built shop cars, kind of like he posted dyno claimed #'s to be his which belonged to the yellow car not his black car. If yoou do a search you will find him claiming #'s but then saying he eats up trans and then saying his trans is still still dead. I like the " I cant race my car" but yet he is not saying he ran his car with the GT28rs. Sounds more like a pitch to try to pull in some buyers to me.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: The car that runs your same times is basically a stock A4 1.8T quattro, with the GT28rs....

A much smaller turbo then yours. Your information by the way is all wrong so I will waste my time to try and get you to understand something.

Yellow A4 is FWD and puts about 430 to the wheels.It runs 12.0 flats and has traps 118mph-120mph.
Silver A4 is practically stock and is quattro.Its got the stock 1.8T engine with GT28rs turbo kit. The turbo is soo nive and there is soo much meat everywhere in the powerband it makes it so snappy and easy to drag race. It makes over 340whp currently and is the car i have drove with the GT28rs at the track(dang its nice to get to drag race someone elses car:-) On the ATP site is a 12.4 slip posted of this car.
Black car is mine and yes the tranny is shot. I also lost my liscence from speeding tickets (going very fast)and I couldnt drive the car sanely on the streets. The exhaust is race car loud and I get pulled over because of it. So I decided to take a breather and drive my slow beater mobile. I cleaned and redid some things, and built some cool parts. I also got off my lazy bum and have started to put the car back together. My car was the one that put 400awhp down on Gt35 and I plan to do that or more on a smaller GT turbo. You best bet I will race you in my car or any of the 3 A4's. Theres nothing to hide and they are all scary fast. You better believe we're going to race, why dont you come up here? Well whatever the case we'll race and good luck.

I hope to of cleared some things up. Im done talking with you and am going to finish putting the car back so we can run em'. Wow this is too much talking for me, see ya at the strip, audios amigo.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Re: I was running 20psi on the 12.7 at 112 pass

Yup. This is the silver project car on the ATP website. You can refrence that on their site and I should be able to scrounge up some 12.5's-12.7's runs. The thing ran 12's every one of my runs. Give me a day and I can prolly track down a scanner or digi cam. I just moved also and am on dialup, gotta get comcast over here ASAP.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Elder Member

Default Well you know where I am, so bring it to slowtown.

Since you think my car is so SLOOOOW. I just hit 12.7 on my first day of seeing what the car can do at the top end and still was not pushing it to its limit and doing it with a full exhaust with a cat. Car still ran a little lean at the bottom of the track and everytime I added more fuel the car just got quicker. Maybe by the time you get down here (with the way you guys do things that could be next year "atp/apr speed") I can show you what the back of an A4 looks like doing 11's.

Still makes me laugh every time a shop has to come gunning for me(non shop) at the track, still have not lost a race to another A4. Tell you what, why dont you enter YOUR "FAST" black A4 into the 1.8t challenge and show us what it cant do.

Quick Reply: how many 12sec A4's out there?