Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

if i change my turbo what else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about a bov/bpv some exhaust headers intake...chip software
Old 03-11-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: calm down there killer.

theres no anger in me. you as well had the car at the same age then i got mine. and i personally give a lot of respect to audis. even though ive driven jaguar, cadillac, alfa romeo, fiat, and more i seriously like audi because its my first car. to me i sincerely want to take care of it and keep it as long as possible. any advice given to me are not rejected they just make me think twice before investing so much into my first ride. but you know what im talking about since you went trough there. sorry if i offended you. theres no hate at all. thanks for the advice though. since you seem so up to date i want to at least change the exhaust to a downpipe. or would you recommand something else?? thanks
Old 03-12-2005, 12:38 AM

Default i would personally do your suspension work and maybe an A8 brake upgrade. then get into performance.

after that work on a chip, bypass valve, turbo back exhaust system (exhaust w/ DP and high flow cat or test pipe whatever you prefer).

once you get to this point i would start to look into which route you want to go with the turbo setup. i recommend doing suspension and brakes first because you want your car to stop and handle better before you feed it more speed. as for the rest of the stuff you can prety much do it in whatever order you want just make sure that when you get the chip you upgrade your bypass valve at the same time.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: i would personally do your suspension work and maybe an A8 brake upgrade. then get into performa

how much can i get a8 brakes for and suspension to lower the car? what are the best brand you can recommend me?? thanks for the advice
Old 03-13-2005, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yea I didn't mean to offend you either

I also had my car since I was 18..20 now, so I know where your at. I new nothing when I started 2 years ago, but gradually learned by starting with the chip thin intake/exhaust, then k04 and eventually working my way up researching any things that I came along. Anything I could find I posted about and got help usually from audi-ptzero (sp?), devious1.8t (esp on the injector qustions I had..thanks). Basically I found the best way to learn was by doing research then modding then more research to answer any problems I came across. I also went to school and worked (although only till 8 or 9) and now at college I have a lot more time so I could figure out the big turbo stuff. It also helps much more to talk to me ppl in person or over aim...If you ever have any questions I can try and answer them: aim:TomRitt18944.
Good Luck!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 PM

Default well that depends on how much you are looking to spend on suspension.

i am sure you would be happy with a set of H&R coilovers (which can be had for around 600 bucks in the classifieds.) or if you want something more stasis has some nice offerings and are very customizable with spring rates. higher end setups have more adjustability. i would look at the the strut tower bar from www.purems.com and maybe couple that with a set of H-sport sway bars. obviously a larger diameter wheel with a thinner stiffer sidewall will help as well by keeping the sidewall from folding over.

the A8 brake upgrade can be had from ecs tuning with all of the parts that you want..... if you dont want to pay the price for the parts brand new then you can look around for someone to sell them used. the most costly part of the upgrade kit are the caliper carriers.

i would definately check the classifieds on here and on audizine.com for some potential deals