Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Just installed Bilstein Sport/Eibach Pro kit today. Front drop 1", rear only 1/4"......(more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Bilstein Sport/Eibach Pro kit today. Front drop 1", rear only 1/4"......(more)

I did the install myself on my 98.5/2.8qm w/ factory sport suspension. I mounted the rear perches on the fourth (lowest) setting. I thought this would give the greatest drop. Was I mistaken? I thought I might get at least .75 inch all the way around. The front looks great with 1 inch drop.

So far I haven't had much time to test it out. My preliminary impression is that they feel quite a bit like the factory sport. Mine had 44k miles and were getting a little soft and probably sagged some. The float is reduced slightly and overall drivability slighty improved. Corning seems to be a little better, will know more after further testing. Personally, I hope that my impressions improve or else I will feel like I wasted my money.