Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

OK, who's ready for a 500hp Audi TT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the reason it couldn't be turn 90 degres is???????
Old 05-15-2001, 12:53 PM

Either it won't fit that way or it has to with the accessorie mounting(AC,alternator,etc..)
Old 05-16-2001, 07:06 AM

Default Not really...

Although gearing can have a significant effect on ET, it rarely changes trap speeds more than a percent or so. Even then, it's possible that changing to more aggressive gearing can give you a slightly *reduced* trap speed, as opposed to raising the speed. It's more often the case that aggressive gearing increases trap speed very slightly, but it's not always true.

Therefore, trap speed is typically an excellent indication of power-to-weight. It varies by the cube root of the power-to-weight change in any given vehicle.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

and accessories can't be moved why?
Old 05-16-2001, 03:16 PM

Default Contact HPA Motorsports...they are putting the VR6's in Beetles, TT's and Golfs...

www.hpamotorsports.com<ul><li><a href="http://www.hpamotorsports.com">http://www.hpamotorsports.com</a</li></ul>
Old 05-16-2001, 03:22 PM

Default Reply from HPA Motorsports on the slow et/mph...

"Thanks for your email. Although the 12.99 is a good 1/4 mile time, it is
understandable why you would be disappointed. The 12.99 was run while using
California 92 octane, which is highly oxygenated, providing very poor
fuelling. The computer is designed to "read" a problem like this and adjust
timing, boost, etc so you will not damage the engine. I can explain that
better in conversation, it is difficult to properly explain in an email.
When running a good tank of 94 octane (just regular pump gas, no special
race fuels are needed) we have clocked down a 1/4 mile in the high 11's @
approx. 120 mph. The car, with fuel and a driver, weighs in at approx. 3800
lbs.

I have attached an information sheet, along with a quote for this conversion
into your 180 hp TT. I have included suspension and brake upgrades in the
quote as well. Once you have read through this info, please feel free to
email me or call me toll free anytime at 888-530-1433. I look forward to
hearing from you."

Works for me...now I just need about $30k!!
Old 05-17-2001, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Haldex can take over 2000nm of torque in stock configuration
Old 09-09-2001, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Doubt its making 500hp...maybe 320hp (more inside)

Greetings All. I have a 2001 TTQ Roadster converted by HPA to the 508hp spec. I have not had a chance to get to the track yet as I am taking my time breaking it in, but I can tell you that the car makes the promised ponies. I have a 70's Pontiac dynoed over 400 hp and had a 300ZX TT which made just under 400 hp. I know the difference.
Haven't dynoed it yet, but I will eventually. In the meantime, take my word, the car is a phenomenal rocket. My buttometer can assure you. Seat of the pants, I would expect high 11's in the quarter mile.
By the way, if HPA was full of it, I'd be perfectly happy to tell you so, but I think they are quite legit and talented, too.
Look for the car in the next issue of European Car. I think it's November, going on sale at end September. Regards to all.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Crazy to come across this post from 1phatt 20 years ago! My dad bought it at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale in January, 2005, and it's been in his collection ever since. I believe when he bought it, it had 12,261 miles on it, and now, it has a whopping 14,755 miles on it. It is the ULTIMATE sleeper! It's still an absolute rocket, handles like it's on rails, and puts a smile on your face every time you drive it!

That being said, it's time to part with this to "thin the herd". I just had it serviced, and put new tires on it in preparation for going up to auction on BaT (Bring-a-Trailer) in a few weeks or so. HPA Motorsports needs no introduction on AudiWorld website, and looking forward to the interest this will bring! Thanks for your time, and looking forward to all of the info this site has.

Old 10-23-2021, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got the word last night that the Bring a Trailer (BaT) online auction for my HPA built TT starts tomorrow morning (10/24/21) at 8:45am PST. It will run for one week, ending on 10/31/21 at 12:05pm PST.

If you aren't familiar with Bring-a-Trailer, you should check them out online. They list some amazing vehicles, and there are always lots of comments from educated bidders. Feel free to check out the auction, and it should be interesting. Cars built and documented by HPA very rarely come up for sale, so this may be your opportunity to pick up the ultimate sleeper!

Quick Reply: OK, who's ready for a 500hp Audi TT?