Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction

4 day old car and now I had the PreSense icon display on the dashboard indicating a malfunction. Oh boy it's just one thing after another on a brand new car. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 12-15-2019, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've received an error message that due to atmospheric conditions, which is a snow covered car, the presence was temporarily unavailable. I had the same thing with the automatic brights. Once the car heats up enough to melt the frozen sensors it all works again. I'm not thrilled that when you need these things most in the bad weather they don't work but if the system operates by sensor and those sensors are frozen over then what else can they do?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drjcool1
4 day old car and now I had the PreSense icon display on the dashboard indicating a malfunction. Oh boy it's just one thing after another on a brand new car. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
What does the icon look like? I received my Q3 a few days ago and also thought it was a PreSense failure icon. After consulting the manual it turned out to be a proximity alert. You can set an expanded view in the center pane of the dash to show the full pre-sense status. When configured, you'll be alerted if you're less than 1 second away from the vehicle in front (configurable to 2 or 3 secs I believe).
Old 12-16-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I wonder how much time people’s dealers spend going over the new car with buyers, setting up preferences? I then also wonder how much, if any, time people spend with the manual, in the car?
The following users liked this post:
Rich807 (07-09-2021)
Old 12-16-2019, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You may see a couple of different icons related to presense.

The red one indicates you are following too close to a car in front of you to stop safely. This distance can be adjusted

a white icon will show up if presense is not available in a given situation. Like driving a low speeds. If sensors are obstructed you may see an additional warning that presense is not available.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this warning showed up on my display after 5 days of the delivery. I went back to the dealership and to leave my car there for three days to ordered in and replace d the front radar sensor.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yvrboy
I had this warning showed up on my display after 5 days of the delivery. I went back to the dealership and to leave my car there for three days to ordered in and replace d the front radar sensor.
exactly same thing happened with my q3 2019.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm having a problem where im getting "Distance Warning not available" followed by "Audi Presense not available; consult manual" every few minutes, with NO way to switch it off. I even got the car washed to ensure there was no salt/grime/debris blocking any of the sensors or cameras, but nothing helps. Incredibly annoying driving around town with this message beeping and showing up every 2 minutes. I even went into the Vehicle settings and switched OFF the Distance warning and Audi Pre-sense options and the warning still pops up !!! Looks like no choice but to visit the dealer.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vmm317
I'm having a problem where im getting "Distance Warning not available" followed by "Audi Presense not available; consult manual" every few minutes, with NO way to switch it off. I even got the car washed to ensure there was no salt/grime/debris blocking any of the sensors or cameras, but nothing helps. Incredibly annoying driving around town with this message beeping and showing up every 2 minutes. I even went into the Vehicle settings and switched OFF the Distance warning and Audi Pre-sense options and the warning still pops up !!! Looks like no choice but to visit the dealer.
I have been facing the same issue.. Many times it will say due to environmental conditions.. I am also planning to take it to dealership
Old 01-29-2020, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have the malfunction, but I don't think the system is working. I have it set to early and for the life of me cannot get it to trip. Example Car is 3 lengths ahead and I can get within 1/2 a car length and the system does nothing, not even an alert. I have an Infinity and maybe it's over sensitive, but if I am rapidly approaching another car the warning goes off and brakes are automatically applied. This starts happening within 3 car lengths.

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction