Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Sindelis
I don't have the malfunction, but I don't think the system is working. I have it set to early and for the life of me cannot get it to trip. Example Car is 3 lengths ahead and I can get within 1/2 a car length and the system does nothing, not even an alert. I have an Infinity and maybe it's over sensitive, but if I am rapidly approaching another car the warning goes off and brakes are automatically applied. This starts happening within 3 car lengths.
may want to consult the manual to see how Audis system works. Every brand implements they tech differently
Old 01-29-2020, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
may want to consult the manual to see how Audis system works. Every brand implements they tech differently
I did consult the manual and reviewed a number of videos. Neither provide at what point pre sense front kicks in.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Sindelis
I did consult the manual and reviewed a number of videos. Neither provide at what point pre sense front kicks in.
page 123 spells it out in detail
Old 01-29-2020, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vmm317
I'm having a problem where im getting "Distance Warning not available" followed by "Audi Presense not available; consult manual" every few minutes, with NO way to switch it off. I even got the car washed to ensure there was no salt/grime/debris blocking any of the sensors or cameras, but nothing helps. Incredibly annoying driving around town with this message beeping and showing up every 2 minutes. I even went into the Vehicle settings and switched OFF the Distance warning and Audi Pre-sense options and the warning still pops up !!! Looks like no choice but to visit the dealer.
To provide an update, took it to the dealer and as with the other folks having the malfunction, they will be replacing the front radar sensor. The part is on order and the dealer hasnt really explained a cause for the trouble, yet. In my case, the errors started as soon as we had our first bit of snow and below-freezing temperatures, here in Ontario,Canada.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by vmm317
To provide an update, took it to the dealer and as with the other folks having the malfunction, they will be replacing the front radar sensor. The part is on order and the dealer hasnt really explained a cause for the trouble, yet. In my case, the errors started as soon as we had our first bit of snow and below-freezing temperatures, here in Ontario,Canada.
that can be the downside to having all the cameras and such. I just had to replace the front camera in my car due to a rock that seemingly aimed straight for it! All that surface area, and this rock hit a bullseye at 75 mph smh
Old 02-04-2020, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
page 123 spells it out in detail
In my manual, page 123 states what pre sense will do a certain speeds. What I am trying to find is at what distance does it kick in when set to early, normal or late. Page 124 states the you can set it to those setting, but no other info.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default PRE SENSE ISSUE AUDI Q3

Hey there guys. Want to share my experience. I'm going to try long story short. Almost 3 month ago, Dec 2019 i bought the new Audi Q3 Sline Premium here in Miami. Loved the car, the color, the features. Until i started to experience this problem with audi pre sense. The mal function message is coming to my cockpit Random. I have being back and forth to the dealership 6 times before, this is going to be the 7th. They have done everything even replacing the Presense Module. i got and AUDI for quality and avoid issues i hate car errors. And 3 weeks later i am having the same issue. i just emailed AUDI and the managers at the dealership requesting a new car. My cars has only 970 miles and almost 300 miles going back and forth to the dealership. I don' t think that is quite acceptable. I created a case before with AUDI of America and i am reopening it to get this escalated. I told them i want to solve this in a friendly way so i dont have to hassle the Lemmon Law process. What do you guys think?
Old 02-16-2020, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Javier J
Hey there guys. Want to share my experience. I'm going to try long story short. Almost 3 month ago, Dec 2019 i bought the new Audi Q3 Sline Premium here in Miami. Loved the car, the color, the features. Until i started to experience this problem with audi pre sense. The mal function message is coming to my cockpit Random. I have being back and forth to the dealership 6 times before, this is going to be the 7th. They have done everything even replacing the Presense Module. i got and AUDI for quality and avoid issues i hate car errors. And 3 weeks later i am having the same issue. i just emailed AUDI and the managers at the dealership requesting a new car. My cars has only 970 miles and almost 300 miles going back and forth to the dealership. I don' t think that is quite acceptable. I created a case before with AUDI of America and i am reopening it to get this escalated. I told them i want to solve this in a friendly way so i dont have to hassle the Lemmon Law process. What do you guys think?
I feel your pain. I have had it for just 2 months and 1k miles and it’s been in the shop for a total of 10 days. Audi is the process of replacing the camera computer. I have also started the buy back or replacement process with Audi and also told them I want to avoid going the lemon law route.

I think Audi has major safety issue here and needs to address this ASAP. My dealer is saying this is the only Q3 he has seen with this. Do you know your dealers experience?
The following users liked this post:
Javier J (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default We are on the same page

Hey sindelis it seems that we are on the same page. My car have visited dealership 6 times already and this is going to be 7th. More than 15 days and this situation stresses me a lot. I also just told them to replace the vehicle in a friendly way I don’t think they want us to get lemon law process since they have to it to their lawyers and consumers lawyers as well. My car has 970 miles and at this point I feel unsafe. My dealership is Audi North Miami which one is yours? It seems my car was for them the first with this issue since they did not know what to do.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My dealer is Jack Daniels in New Jersey. I specially bought an Audi for its reliability and that their safety systems were rated superior. In my case my Audi advocate started the replacement process before I could request it. I should hear the results by the end of this week. I am thinking they need to do more than just replace the car.

Last edited by Sindelis; 02-16-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction