Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer replaced the radar sensor and computer and stated it is working fine. Went to the dealer to get the car, climbed in and the presense malfunction symbol is on. Back in the shop only to tell me there are no codes. What happens now is the malfunction lights comes on every time I start it. It will stay on until I drive about 200 yards. It’s not a time thing since I sat in the car for almost 10 minutes to see if it would go off. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Last edited by Sindelis; 02-19-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2020 Q3 here. Presense malfunction as well. Been to dealer several times for other issues. Will need to go back yet again.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the icon is white, it is normal. There are cases that presense is not available. Immediately upon starting the car is one of them.
The following users liked this post:
Sindelis (02-24-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The symbol between the time and temp is it. It can also be white. Mine was yellow and stayed on no matter what until they replaced the radar module. Now it's white and always comes when I start the car and stays on until I drive about 200 yards. I can let the car idle for 10 minutes when I start it and it still says on so it's not like it just a system check. In the manual the yellow or white indicate there is a malfunction of the system. They do not state what causes it to be yellow or white.

Originally Posted by yvrboy
I had this warning showed up on my display after 5 days of the delivery. I went back to the dealership and to leave my car there for three days to ordered in and replace d the front radar sensor.

Last edited by Sindelis; 02-23-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

update thread with a reply
Old 02-23-2020, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dan Johansson
If the icon is white, it is normal. There are cases that presense is not available. Immediately upon starting the car is one of them.
Yep, white icon is normal until you begin driving. I have the yellow icon and malfunction dialogue upon startup. Fun.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sindelis
Dealer replaced the radar sensor and computer and stated it is working fine. Went to the dealer to get the car, climbed in and the presense malfunction symbol is on. Back in the shop only to tell me there are no codes. What happens now is the malfunction lights comes on every time I start it. It will stay on until I drive about 200 yards. It’s not a time thing since I sat in the car for almost 10 minutes to see if it would go off. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
Exactly the same thing with mine. I get the white presence warning upon startup, 200 yards and it goes away. Guess it’s normal, just something I didn’t notice until today. Guess having to sit at home is causing me to nitpick everything. But I’ll tell you, the first day I got the car presence saved my but. Went for a drive in the country, I was playing with the controls on my new baby and got distracted. There was a pickup truck at a dead stop ahead of me, I would have hit him except presence slammed on my brakes hard. Kept me. From hitting him. Went home, changed my underwear and continued my drive.. love this car

Last edited by Tccox; 04-05-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 04-05-2020, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

For you, it is working as designed. No need to nitpick; it’s functioning exactly as indicted in the manual.

I’ve had the yellow indicator and pre-sense malfunction - contact service message on the dash for several weeks. Already had a handful of other issues addressed but no chance I’ll be visiting the dealer anytime soon. I’m not impressed at all with this vehicle. Great tech with wireless CarPlay and great headlights, but nothing else makes it compelling. My third and likely last Audi.

Originally Posted by Tccox
Exactly the same thing with mine. I get the white presence warning upon startup, 200 yards and it goes away. Guess it’s normal, just something I didn’t notice until today. Guess having to sit at home is causing me to nitpick everything. But I’ll tell you, the first day I got the car presence saved my but. Went for a drive in the country, I was playing with the controls on my new baby and got distracted. There was a pickup truck at a dead stop ahead of me, I would have hit him except presence slammed on my brakes hard. Kept me. From hitting him. Went home, changed my underwear and continued my drive.. love this car

Old 04-11-2020, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nightmare for me - have had module replaced but still malfunction. The worst - no cruise control when malfunctioning.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:39 AM
D L
AudiWorld Junior Member

My light too came on today , at 1050km.

i am from toronto Canada. The light came on after my rattling problem got fixed by the dealer (finally). They said the car’s gas line was not insulated with the body and it’s a design problem. They had to take out A pillar inside, B puller inside, passenger seat and the flooring to fix it.

They also tuned the turbo air actuator and my car is a lot smoother now. Thought it was just the way it is but apparent there are problems with the turbos.

now there is this sensor problem, wow I hope there are no more or I will start regretting buying an Audi!

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi Q3 Presense Malfunction