Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Lane Centering, Adaptive Cruise Assist. Disappeared one day and never came back.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lane Centering, Adaptive Cruise Assist. Disappeared one day and never came back.

I bought my 2022 Q3 brand new in January. It's a US spec but I live in Germany. Had some small issues like the MMI just won't load into my profile for a whole drive some times. But by far the biggest problem is that I had Lane Centering on the car working fine. With land depart warning working fine. But one day all of a sudden I noticed Lane centering does that work. To be clear I am talking about when the 2 green arrows show up next to the car on the dash. Not the same departure warning with the dotted green lines.

So how do I get my lane centering working again? The button on the left turning signal just turns lane departure warning (the lines) on and off. But I can not find a way to turn lane centering(the green arrows) back on. It's been months. Many trips on the Autobahn and it has never turned back on. How do I get this back!
Picture attached.

The following users liked this post:
Jaaraudi223 (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just noticed the same thing happened the other day. It was working fine one day and then about two days later it was gone. If anyone has any fixes or solutions that would be amazing. Such a great feature when it worked.
FreeKi11 (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jaaraudi223
I just noticed the same thing happened the other day. It was working fine one day and then about two days later it was gone. If anyone has any fixes or solutions that would be amazing. Such a great feature when it worked.
GOT THE FIX(hopefully for all)!!

On the MII go to Vehicle - Driver Assistance - Adaptive Cruise Assist - Lane Guidance(What i called Lane Centering). Make sure its on. It seems to randomly turn off, why i do not know, but you can turn it back on while driving.

This is what was getting me. After it stopped working i went through all the setting in my drive way. made sure everything was on. The next time i drove still no lane guidance . Well this weekend i went through everything again,... saw lane guidance was turned off ( I know it was on before), but sure enough when i put on cruise control the arrows came up. Thank god it was right before a 5 hour trip. Worked so well the whole time. Now the caveat is... The first time i turned it on, it worked for a few miles, and then i got an error saying something turned off. i checked settings and lane guidance was off again.... so i clicked it on while driving and worked until Amsterdam. Now When i came back, similar thing, randomly turned off near the beginning of the trip. also at one other random point of the trip (i think that time was because it didn't handle a corner that well at my speed... so it turned itself off...) But again i could always reactivate while driving.

Hope this helps others!!! because i could not find **** online or in the manual about this! Let alone some kind of statement that it turns it self off, for what i only assume is for "safety" Concerns.
Jaaraudi223 (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by FreeKi11
GOT THE FIX(hopefully for all)!!

On the MII go to Vehicle - Driver Assistance - Adaptive Cruise Assist - Lane Guidance(What i called Lane Centering). Make sure its on. It seems to randomly turn off, why i do not know, but you can turn it back on while driving.

This is what was getting me. After it stopped working i went through all the setting in my drive way. made sure everything was on. The next time i drove still no lane guidance . Well this weekend i went through everything again,... saw lane guidance was turned off ( I know it was on before), but sure enough when i put on cruise control the arrows came up. Thank god it was right before a 5 hour trip. Worked so well the whole time. Now the caveat is... The first time i turned it on, it worked for a few miles, and then i got an error saying something turned off. i checked settings and lane guidance was off again.... so i clicked it on while driving and worked until Amsterdam. Now When i came back, similar thing, randomly turned off near the beginning of the trip. also at one other random point of the trip (i think that time was because it didn't handle a corner that well at my speed... so it turned itself off...) But again i could always reactivate while driving.

Hope this helps others!!! because i could not find **** online or in the manual about this! Let alone some kind of statement that it turns it self off, for what i only assume is for "safety" Concerns.
I actually found the same setting! It’s very weird but I find the lane guidance option just isn’t there sometimes. And like you said it only appears at the beginning of the drive. It’s all random so I haven’t been able to figure out a pattern. If I find a permanent solution I’ll follow up.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually found the same setting! It’s very weird but I find the lane guidance option just isn’t there sometimes. And like you said it only appears at the beginning of the drive. It’s all random so I haven’t been able to figure out a pattern. If I find a permanent solution I’ll follow up.
If you are stopped, not moving the green lines will disappear.
Old 10-25-2022, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lane Guidance toggle won't appear in the MMI settings unless the entire Lane Departure system is activated via the stalk button.

I'm a recent 2023 Q3 buyer and have also had Lane Guidance completely switch off multiple times in the two weeks I've had the car. Like others have said it can be turned back on while driving, but it shouldn't be resetting the option in the MMI like that to begin with.

Has anyone come across any additional information about all of this? The lane guidance tech in the Q3 is ultimately why I bought it, and it works really well otherwise, so I'd love to get it sorted out. At some point I'll definitely take it in to the dealer but it just feels like something they wouldn't be able to recreate reliably.
Old 09-30-2023, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems I've identified the pattern on my Q2 2022, if you take the wheels off and receive multiple alerts and receive a Audi pre sense collision warning (sometimes it bugs out on its own) or accelerate when the lane guidance is on and get too close to the car in front. It seems like a referee keeping tabs of how many infraction we accumulate until it decide to turn it off.