Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Is this normal for your 2024 Q3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Is this normal for your 2024 Q3?

Traded my 2021 Q5 for a 2024 Q3 PP. Despite some of the differences, I like it. I’ve noticed a few things that I wonder are typical of the Q3…

- Lane keeping assist isn’t as smooth and accurate as the Q5. The 3 tends to drift to the right pretty dramatically and doesn’t correct until the last second, jerking back into the lane. Not sure I’d call it ping-ponging, but certainly not what I was used to with the 5. In the Q5 there usually wasn’t more than a foot of drift before it corrected. What is your Lane Assist experience? Should I ask the dealer to check the camera calibration?

- The MyAudi app shows everything is OK but gives me a warning that my passenger airbag is off.

Of course it’s off. The car is parked with no one in it. Why would the car think that having the airbag off is a problem? Does it think it should be on? Could it be a camera problem? The airbag activates correctly when someone sits in the passenger seat. I emailed the app developer who thinks it’s a car issue. Anyone else getting this warning?

- At startup, the Q5 showed this Presense symbol as the system was starting up.

It always disappeared after a few seconds. In the Q3, I get this other symbol below the tachometer when starting the car

It stays there as long as the car isn’t moving unlike the Q5. Once driving, the icon stays on for up to a minute rather than going away quickly. Is this typical for you folks? If not, I wonder if the car is having trouble initializing the Presence system? Perhaps it’s related to the Lane Assist flakiness & pointing toward a camera alignment problem.

I will probably take it to the dealer to check for faults and camera issues but would appreciate any input you may have.

Old 06-15-2024, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 151 Posts

I'll have to do a comparison of our Q3 to my sq5 but I have not noticed any concerns with the lane keeping. Then again, I really don't use it very often except for long highway drives.
I have noticed as well the presense warning taking a very long time to turn off. Usually about 1 minute or so into driving.