Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

$60 for new wiper blades? Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $60 for new wiper blades? Ouch!

Actually, $51, because my service advisor applied a discount coupon. Still...that's awfully high, and the Audi blades are nothing special anyway. I've been to several auto parts chains, looked at RainX, Bosch, and other brands, and none fit the mounting piece. Anyone find a solution?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

How about $36?
http://audi.bernardiparts.com/produc...0-3c6676c400f1
Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know of a third party replacement option for the rear wiper blade? They seem to wear-out quickly. While they are only $15, I'd rather spend money on something that would last longer than a few months. I've checked around, and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
Anyone know of a third party replacement option for the rear wiper blade? They seem to wear-out quickly. While they are only $15, I'd rather spend money on something that would last longer than a few months. I've checked around, and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,
Chris
How'd you shred your blade so fast? I'm still on the original and I bought mine dec 09.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not surprise me at all - $50 for my BMW. Get replaced 1 week before free maintenance end. You didn't buy cheep Yugo or Lada.
For my Acura I paid $35 + $15 for BMW not a big deal.
What IS a BIG DEAL - $200 oil change at dealership.
Found local mechanic and changed for $95
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hmn4858
How'd you shred your blade so fast? I'm still on the original and I bought mine dec 09.
No clue what happened. Brought the car to the dealership when I was nearby the other day, because when the wiper would switch directions it made a loud (disconcertingly loud) ca-thump noise. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the motor. Turns out the blade had worn-out, and that's what was making the noise. To prove it the tech lifted the blade off the glass and let the motor run, no noise, put the blade back down, and the ca-thump was back. Only started doing it last week.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
No clue what happened. Brought the car to the dealership when I was nearby the other day, because when the wiper would switch directions it made a loud (disconcertingly loud) ca-thump noise. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the motor. Turns out the blade had worn-out, and that's what was making the noise. To prove it the tech lifted the blade off the glass and let the motor run, no noise, put the blade back down, and the ca-thump was back. Only started doing it last week.
how did he do that because the wipers have to be put in a service position. i was unaware that the wipers would still work while in service mode.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
how did he do that because the wipers have to be put in a service position. i was unaware that the wipers would still work while in service mode.
Isn't service mode only for the front blades?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, service mode is only for the front blades, and my problem was with the rear blade.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Not surprise me at all - $50 for my BMW. Get replaced 1 week before free maintenance end. You didn't buy cheep Yugo or Lada.
For my Acura I paid $35 + $15 for BMW not a big deal.
What IS a BIG DEAL - $200 oil change at dealership.
Found local mechanic and changed for $95
Havent heard those brands in a while $50 for blades isnt bad. Did an oil change today - myself. Not difficult, just a little time consuming without the lift. The worst part - no dipstick, so had to add a little oil, start the car, wait, check the level, and all over again like 5 times...

Quick Reply: $60 for new wiper blades? Ouch!