Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

@15K Dealer says I didn't buy Audi Care

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @15K Dealer says I didn't buy Audi Care

I went to take my Q5 in for its 15K Audi Care plan service and the dealer said there is no record of me in the Audi system. They told me they would contact the original dealer and get the problem fixed. In the interest of brevity they didn't get the warranty issue fixed but still performed the service. Now more local dealer is waiting to charge my CC pending the outcome of trying to get this issue fixed.

It looks like the SEA-TAC area dealer didn't buy the service for me.

I've spoken to front line people at Audi Customer Care several times but they seem to be more facilitators then anything and have no real power.

I have a signed Audi Care Plan Contract. But the original
dealership says that isn't proof of anything.
What else do I need to show? Is there other paperwork I 'should' have? While the service plan was rolled into the overall price the Service Contract is dated after the car purchase so it doesn't appear on the Vehicle Buyer's Order paperwork.

Any suggestions on who else I should contact? I'd really prefer not to go to small claims court on this. That's just a pain in the butt.

Thx!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Is the contract signed by someone at the dealer?

Does your original purchase contract indicate that Audi Care is included in the purchase price?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, the Audi Care Contract is signed by the dealership.

The Purchase Contract is silent on it. My original Sales agreement says it is included in the price. The same price as the final purchase contract.

The Audi Care contract is dated after the Purchase Contract.

It's obviously not ideal to have it not mentioned in the Purchase Contract but having a signed Audi Care contract dated after the fact would seem to me to be pretty good evidence of an agreement.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

You're not going to get anywhere with the 2 dealers. You need to deal directly with AOA.

try this approach: mention to them that you spoke with your lawyer friend who advised you to try contacting AOA directly as a first step. (you want to imply that the next step would be for the lawyer to contact AOA).
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:I've spoken to front line people at Audi Customer Care several times but they seem to be more facilitators then anything and have no real power.

AOA does have power. They got me AudiCare for my S5 free of charge because of the water pump issue with our '10 Q.

This will be cleared up. Your original dealer failed to input into the system. Audicare is good at any Audi dealer but it must be in the system using your VIN.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked our Retail agreement and Audicare is clearly listed as a $740 addition back in 08/2009. Also have the Audicare contract signed by us and dealership. Never an issue with Audicare.

Not having on the Retail/sales agreement is whats causing you problems, but I would yell loud and clear to AOA that I was lead to believe AC was included by showing my dealership signed AC contract.