Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2010 Q5 config

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Q5 config

Hey all,

I'm new to this site and have been taking in a look at some of the info you've all shared among each other - which has been extremely helpful. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my 2010 Q5 S-line, here in Canada, with expected delivery July 14th.

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but if anyone is interested in getting an idea of the colours available in 2010 (aside from going to the dealership to look at swatches), you could look at Audi Germany's website - they've had the 2010 info up for over a month! One thing to note, the amethyst actually looks more gray than purple on the website...

-
JN
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jazzmeer
Hey all,

I'm new to this site and have been taking in a look at some of the info you've all shared among each other - which has been extremely helpful. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my 2010 Q5 S-line, here in Canada, with expected delivery July 14th.

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but if anyone is interested in getting an idea of the colours available in 2010 (aside from going to the dealership to look at swatches), you could look at Audi Germany's website - they've had the 2010 info up for over a month! One thing to note, the amethyst actually looks more gray than purple on the website...

-
JN
Thnkas, JN and welcome to the Forum!
I found for my self that color, that show on any web site never much live color.
Or it's something wrong with me
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey all,

I... you could look at Audi Germany's website - they've had the 2010 info up for over a month! One thing to note, the amethyst actually looks more gray than purple on the website...

-
JN
do not get fooled by the colors on the webpages. the colors will never be close to what they look in reality ie. your monitor calibration etc. (with the exception of black/white of course).

just my $0.02, when using the German Audi Webpage, do not think in MY. that thinking does not apply over there really. you can order pretty much anything you want (a million pages extras etc..). for instance, no cinnamon brown here in Canada, well over there yes. :-)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2010 update?

I just left the Audi dealership in Winnipeg, MB...

The first 2010 Q5's will arrive at port (in Halifax) on July 6th.

With regards to pricing, apparently the 2010 is $100 more expensive, but Audi is including some new steering feature for free (which is valued at $350) as well as adaptive headlights. Rates are being announced in the beginning of July.

P.S. I know there has been a lot of debate about colours, but realistically Audi hasn't really released any really poor colours in the past, so I'm sure all will look great. The Amethyst Gray looks sweet - we took out a swatch and it is comparable to the oyster colour offered for the A6's in the past. Would be perfect with the cinnamon interior! I also saw a 2009 q5 s-line in dark blue that was unbelievably nice.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
msj
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Decorative wood

As far as the color options are concerned, the 2010's will also have the option to have a different wood trim other then the standard walnut.
I personally like the natural ash. It does have exposed grains. Looked sharp when I saw it in Germany this month.
You also appear to get the black headliner with the cinnamon package (US).
Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2009, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

With regards to pricing, apparently the 2010 is $100 more expensive, but Audi is including some new steering feature for free (which is valued at $350) as well as adaptive headlights. Rates are being announced in the beginning of July.

[/U].
Thanks for the info JAZZMEER. Sounds good :-) I am still waiting :-)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

P.S. I know there has been a lot of debate about colours, but realistically Audi hasn't really released any really poor colours in the past, so I'm sure all will look great. The Amethyst Gray looks sweet - we took out a swatch and it is comparable to the oyster colour offered for the A6's in the past. Would be perfect with the cinnamon interior! I also saw a 2009 q5 s-line in dark blue that was unbelievably nice.
Hi Jazzmeer,

Thanks for your headup. I just wonder will my Q5 include in that shipment? I ordered it in March (Vancouver) and my dealer told that it would be MY2010 . I called them but have no reply yet. (Premium plus + NAV + Tech) will also include adaptive head light??
Old 06-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Regina_TTS/Q5
I've also seen the colour swatch. Especially in the sun, you really see the purple metallic in it IMO.

REPOST: The best example of Amethyst Grey I could find out there is on this A3 Cabrio. Not a fan, personally...

-

Just so everyone with a Canadian 2009 Q5 doesn't get bummed out, we already have adaptive headlights and you already get servotronic steering if you have Audi Drive Select. Most people aren't down with the soft feel of servotronic. I have my Drive Select setting on Individual (Dynamic steering) or Dynamic to reduce the effects of the servotronic myself.
With regards to the colour - fair enough, everyone has their own taste. That being said, up close, I think that Amethyst Grey will appear as pearl-dark grey. It definitely was not as 'purple' as I had feared.

As for the servotronic steering, is 2009 it was offered with the Drive Select option, but now will apparently be automatically included. Not sure about the adaptive headlights thing though - is there a chance that it was offered in the 2009's with the technology package and now it is standard?

As for the shipping question (2010 q5 from Vancouver), I have no idea. What I can tell you, is that I ordered my 2010 Q5 on April 3rd and it is the 'first' 2010 on order which I should receive by mid-end July. The dealership definitely have access to this info though. Good luck!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Your dealer can print off or email you a copy. It has all of the dates from production week to when it gets on a ship to the ETA of when it will be dealer delivered.
I can't access German Audi Q5 web site. It's immediately detect and switch me to US side.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Work, thank you!

Quick Reply: 2010 Q5 config