Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2010 Q5 info

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Q5 info

I am trying to square a circle. My dealer says that it is too late to order a 2009 Q5 and there is nothing in stock. The dealer also says that they do NOT have any info on what the changes are between the 2009 and the 2010. THey cannot tell me what the price will be for a 2010. If I order now, I will receive a vehicle in Aug/Sep which will be similar to what I order and at a price they do not know.

Am I missing something?

note: I have owned Audis for 20 years.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My dealer said that in the '10 models ;
Premium plus now can add Bang and Olaf stereo(as an option) and they offer the reddish/braun leather which is in the catalog.Those are the 2 things I remembered.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually already posted a thread on this. Here are the changes.

Q5:
• Premium Plus: Bang & Olufsen sound system available as option
• Premium Plus & Prestige: new S line wheel design
• Prestige: Audi side assist standard
• New option: Luxury Package (Ventilated front seats, alcantara headliner, additional leather trim)
• New option: Matte wood decorative inlays
• Cinnamon Brown now available (Cinnamon Brown seats and center armrest)
• Discontinued Symphony 6CD radio (1CD Concert standard on Premium and Premium Plus, Navigation on Prestige)
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The thing you won't know and the Dealers will not know is the exact pricing. Build in a bit of fudge factor and be ready for whatever they announce the prices to be.

I would say that packages should be very close to their 09 version. The possible exception being Prestige because now Side assist is part of that package and was a $500 option. So who knows if they kept prestige at the same price or if they upped it for the new feature.

I am about to finish my order. And I am ordering it with the Luxury package. A totaly new option for 2010, in which I have only a guess as to it's price. My guess is $1500 to $2500. I know ventilated seats are a $1500 send alone option on other models so that I think establishes the low end of the option price.

Anyway it is a rough thing to have to do. But the longer you wait to order the longer you are going to wait on the Car. There are still 09 Q5s for sale in the US. My dealer in Little Rock has a couple left right now. They just got in some more after having sold out at least once. If you want to find a 09 I bet you can. I am not sure why your dealer will not help you with that.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FitzLA
I actually already posted a thread on this. Here are the changes.

Q5:
• Premium Plus: Bang & Olufsen sound system available as option
• Premium Plus & Prestige: new S line wheel design
• Prestige: Audi side assist standard
• New option: Luxury Package (Ventilated front seats, alcantara headliner, additional leather trim)
• New option: Matte wood decorative inlays
• Cinnamon Brown now available (Cinnamon Brown seats and center armrest)
• Discontinued Symphony 6CD radio (1CD Concert standard on Premium and Premium Plus, Navigation on Prestige)
No more Meteor Grey color
Old 05-09-2009, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

2010'S? WTF? The 09's are here for just a month or so and they are coming out with the 2010's already!
Had I known that would happen so soon, no way I would have got the the 09. Probably would have not have gotten that Q 5 at all.
To me, these are not just small cosmetic changes, but fairly serious changes/options, that mean something, not to mention, will have some consequence on the car's resale value down the road a bit.

Bob
Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree (sort of)...

Originally Posted by bob m
2010'S? WTF? The 09's are here for just a month or so and they are coming out with the 2010's already!
Had I known that would happen so soon, no way I would have got the the 09. Probably would have not have gotten that Q 5 at all.
To me, these are not just small cosmetic changes, but fairly serious changes/options, that mean something, not to mention, will have some consequence on the car's resale value down the road a bit.

Bob
While I would have preferred a 2010 over a 2009, we had no way of knowing it would come out so soon. It is strange why they did this so close to release of the 2009, but I don't understand why you "probably would have not gotten the Q 5 at all". How does this affect whether or not you like the vehicle?

I still love the vehicle.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am surprised at the switch over too. They should have launched it like they did with the TT as MY10 and carried on till the MY11 change over. They have advertised the Q5 a lot more than the TT though.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
I am surprised at the switch over too. They should have launched it like they did with the TT as MY10 and carried on till the MY11 change over. They have advertised the Q5 a lot more than the TT though.
Hey, AofC_RR!
Do you know what color replaced Meteor Grey?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanx everyone for your input. It appears from some of the responses that your Dealers seem to know what the changes are on the MY10s.
"eg: Cavalier:I am about to finish my order. And I am ordering it with the Luxury package. A totaly new option for 2010".

The next nearest audi dealer is a 2 hour drive away. Maybe they will be more forthcoming with info.

Does anyone know the official launch date of the 2010 Q5? I am hearing June.

Quick Reply: 2010 Q5 info