Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2011 Q5 as a present to myself. Warning - repair work needed :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Telate
Ah good, ETKA does have the connector part numbers. I had the remaining 2 files that I needed for it downloading when I left for work this morning, hopefully it is a working version . Already got ELSA and it pissed me off because I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work...I kept hitting the "X" to close the pop-up that comes up instead of scrolling down and hitting "OK"...LOL
Elsa is complicated to use

Here are the serial numbers of connectors
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cone.pdf (1.40 MB, 535 views)
File Type: pdf
cone1.pdf (1.40 MB, 953 views)

Last edited by spijun; 03-11-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered the final parts that I should need for AudiUSAParts (cheapest OEM that I could find anywhere). Hoping to get the parts in 2 weeks or so then send it in for pulling/painting. I'm still in disbelief that Audi wants $500 MSRP for one piece of the 3-piece bumper cover...its not even a big piece of plastic...

Aftermarket rad support, radiator, and condensor ftw
Only paid $130 for rad support ($340 from AudiUSA), $138 for the rad ($216), and $50 for the condenser ($320)

Just gotta wait for my triple square sockets to come so I can take out the rear seat-frames to get the rear seat-belts out so I can send them out for repair. Also need to pull the center console to take out the airbag computer to get it reset. Want to do this before sending it for pulling/painting so that it should be finished/back by the time the car comes back to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

The Horror the horror

Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got my dash and driver/pass airbag today as well as the cooling fan assembly .

Can the base speakers be changed to the B&O speakers? They sent the dash with all 3 of the B&O speakers still in it (and the covers too).

Anyone need the wiring harness for the dash or the diagnostic gateway (8T0907468AE)? Also have both side air vents and the trim piece in the dash - think I should leave the brown wood trim or change it to the silver that my car actually came with?

Last edited by Telate; 01-21-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Pictures added
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got the final parts I need to get it pulled/painted, so I'm probably going to send it out next week . Got my Ross-tech Vag-Com today ($400 later ).

Props to Audi for making the crash data resettable (apparently this is the second time it stored crash data? It said frequency: 2). I cleared codes on the airbag module and crash data no longer appears as a fault. I've seen on other forums from looking around that it is only resettable twice - the third time you need a new module.

Down side is I found out the battery disconnect and the front driver's seat belt went off as well. Guess I couldn't start the car right now if I tried - I thought it was kind of odd that my charger said 0V when I tried to charge it from the posts under the hood.

Front seat belt is bizzare - it is the first one that I have seen that does not lock in plate (I can pull the seat-belt in and out without a problem). I guess that is what the "belt force limiter" does - first ignitor tightens the belt, then it releases it to allow you to go into the airbag.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the updates, Telate. It's fascinating to hear the work you're doing.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alright. Got the seatbelts out and have them all packaged up ready to send out for repair (waiting for the guy to get back to me on payment). Car is going out either later today or tomorrow afternoon for pulling and painting. Hopefully it will only take a week as all that really has to be painted is the bumper cover. I'm going to get him to also change the motor mounts - easier for him and me (the one motor mount is literally torn apart). Audi sure made it a lot of work to change the airbags - every interior piece except for the two front seats, the carpet, and the door panels is going to have to come out for the things I have to change (rear belts, front driver belt, headliner, dash)

Last edited by Telate; 01-30-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: image didn't show
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dude, you're awesome taking on all this.

If there ends up being an extra part or 2 missing, remember to ask. I may have it. For cheap too
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Telate
It's almost ready to drive!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool Pics...
it's nice to see what's "behind the curtain" in Oz !

good rescue project !

I could take it apart too...
but I'd never get it back together - take LOT's of pics

Quick Reply: 2011 Q5 as a present to myself. Warning - repair work needed :)