Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2012 Audi Q5 - Streaming, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techm8n
Ah, that makes sense now. Thank you.

Do you have to do this procedure everytime your enter your car? Or does it remember to auto connect to both devices, a2dp to iSkin and Handsfree to Audi.
Okay I have a HTC Rezound running the latest ICS. It's rooted and a 3rd party ROM.

When I get into the car, I just turn my bluetooth on, it connects to my car for handsfree first, then establishes A2DP connection to the adapter, takes about 10-15 seconds.

That's it, I listen to my phone's audio and when a phone call comes in, my MMI alerts me and phone conversation goes through the MMI.

It's the FIRST initial connection that you setup can get tricky. But like I said, connect both devices, then disconnect the Handsfree from the adapter and have your car connect to it instead.

Keep in mind that each phone acts differently, it could be ROM dependent. At least mine does it automatically.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedusa
Okay I have a HTC Rezound running the latest ICS. It's rooted and a 3rd party ROM.

When I get into the car, I just turn my bluetooth on, it connects to my car for handsfree first, then establishes A2DP connection to the adapter, takes about 10-15 seconds.

That's it, I listen to my phone's audio and when a phone call comes in, my MMI alerts me and phone conversation goes through the MMI.

It's the FIRST initial connection that you setup can get tricky. But like I said, connect both devices, then disconnect the Handsfree from the adapter and have your car connect to it instead.

Keep in mind that each phone acts differently, it could be ROM dependent. At least mine does it automatically.
Cool, thanks for the info. I actually already purchased the 3.5mm AMI adapter from amazon drilled a hole in the glovebox and routed the cable to my phone holder. So i stream music via 3.5mm aux cable and use Audi handsfree for calls.

I might try the Bluetooth mod since i still have the ipod AMI cable. Do you recommend the iSkin or Belkin Bluetooth receiver?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Techm8n
Cool, thanks for the info. I actually already purchased the 3.5mm AMI adapter from amazon drilled a hole in the glovebox and routed the cable to my phone holder. So i stream music via 3.5mm aux cable and use Audi handsfree for calls.

I might try the Bluetooth mod since i still have the ipod AMI cable. Do you recommend the iSkin or Belkin Bluetooth receiver?
iSkin is no longer being made, Belkin is hard to find...

Your best bet is to make a cable that's slightly complicated with USB power and a 3.5mm audio jack. You can get instructions here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...tml#post206876
Old 05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

The heated seats are now a non-issue as they can be adjusted by the dealer. I would first and foremost focus on the looks and new design. If that matters to you like it did to me, then pull the trigger on the better looking model. I love the 2012 LED lights.
The streaming thing is a non-issue now with the above stated solution. But the MMI interface is improved with internet capability. To me this again was a non-issue because I did not want to pay the extra $30/month to keep it connected, so to me again the 2012 model suited me just fine. Even Better is that you should be able to negotiate a great price for a 2012 knowing that the 2013 models are around the corner.