Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2012 Comfort Package Limitations

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Comfort Package Limitations

Background...My wife is trying to buy a new car and it looks like its coming down to a duel between a new FX37 or a Q5. The Touareg was in there until we learned the 2013 STILL won't have ventilated seats (don't get me started) and a Cayenne configured with similar equipment is just too expensive.

After looking at the order guide the dealer gave us and the online configurator am I correct in these limitations when you order a Prestige with the Comfort Package (she wants the ventilated seats):

(1) Its NOT possible to get the "Comfort package" in combination with the "Sport Interior package" and the "S Line package"?

(2) Because of #2 above you CAN'T have a Q5 with the Comfort package that would also have the Adaptive Damping Suspension since thats only included in the S Line package?

(3) Lastly is it just me or is the online configurator incorrectly programmed regarding the Chesnut Brown Milano Leather for the Comfort package....when I select that interior color it trys to force the S Line and Sport Seat packages which if I am understanding the order guide correctly is not even possible....so I assume you can get that color with the Comfort package but its the website thats messed up.

Thanks for any and all help.

Curt
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

SORRY - that should have READ: 2013 not 2012.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure about the color. I know you can only order black or chestnut for the sports interior, but don't know if there are similar limitations on the ventilated comfort seats.

You CANNOT get the comfort (ventilated) seats and sports seats at the same time. The sports seats are not ventilated, but are heated (thank goodness).

My minor rant, if there were an option for seats with a good cloth center insert with leather bolsters, they wouldn't need to do perforated leather and expensive (and heavy) fans. The cloth is cooler by itself, and keeps you in place. You may not like the plaid, but how nice are the VW GTI seats?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Plasticar
You may not like the plaid, but how nice are the VW GTI seats?
Although I have never owned a GTI I have driven a number of them and always loved their plaid cloth seats - very nice.

Another thing that irks me a bit (and this is NOT new) is how much more flexible the optioning process is in Europe. You are not limited to these various bundles and can build it up how you want it....I think the US is something like the third largest Audi market in the world but even the UK has extensive individual Audi options - and those are RHD cars! Somewhere along the line I missed something on that logic. /rant off
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It kind of irks me too. I also would like ventilated seats, but to get them I've got to go with the 3.0 Prestige with the comfort package ($55,070). More leather is nice, but the comfort package is $2,300.00, and all I really want is the ventilated seats. Also, I'd rather go with the 2.0. Talk about jacking the price up just to get a likely very popular feature. Rant not over...