Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Audi Q5 Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that we all should look to what the current Q3 looks like for the direction Audi will take with the facelifted Q5. One thing is for sure, Audi is moving to the more modern looking LED Light-tubes and away from the individual LEDs used in their headlights, as exampled in the 2013 A4/A5 S4/S5 and Q3.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting theory....certainly a good point. I still hope it goes more towards the new A6/A8, but you may be right.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that we all should look to what the current Q3 looks like for the direction Audi will take with the facelifted Q5. One thing is for sure, Audi is moving to the more modern looking LED Light-tubes and away from the individual LEDs used in their headlights, as exampled in the 2013 A4/A5 S4/S5 and Q3.
I may be in the minority but I favor the individual LED look over then the LED light tubes.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

+2 (thus far anyway) I'm interested in the execution of the facelift on the Q5.

Originally Posted by lalanik
I may be in the minority but I favor the individual LED look over then the LED light tubes.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you think so Urban? With the new A6 and A8 still having individually pkg'd LED's, I'm wondering if Audi is simply trying to differentiate their offerings (be it by level, etc.)....

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
One thing is for sure, Audi is moving to the more modern looking LED Light-tubes and away from the individual LEDs used in their headlights, as exampled in the 2013 A4/A5 S4/S5 and Q3.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Do you think so Urban? With the new A6 and A8 still having individually pkg'd LED's, I'm wondering if Audi is simply trying to differentiate their offerings (be it by level, etc.)....
Yes, I think so. Even the new A6 has the newer style LED light tube running along the bottom of the headlamp area. The Q3 has it, the new A4/S4 A5/S5 has it, and I've read multiple articles how they are moving in that direction. Part of it is to differentiate themselves from all the LED DRL clones that have come to the market lately. Everyone tries to mimic Audi's LED success.

On another note...Audi is also in the process of developing OLED film that will be integrated into the paint finish, whereby the car will recognize one's smart key and illuminate the part of the car one approaches, and the light will follow that person if they, say, walk to the trunk. The light would fluidly flow along the surface of the car to the trunk area and illuminate the handle area. Very cool stuff they have in the works. I, for one, hope their OLED film research comes to fruition.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aboveliquidice
What color blue is that? I've seen renderings with the color before, but never on an actual Q5. It certainly isn't a color choice here in the states...
You mean like mine:-
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoriBoy69
Yeah but honestly Im think of selling my Q5 when the 2013 A5 comes out cause Im single no kid and I have always liked cars than SUV.

Although I love my Q5 dont get me wrong.
Huh? Then how did you end up in a Q5? I'm tall so getting in and out of my low riding 3-series was getting harder and harder as I got older and older. The Q5 handles like a sports car (for an SUV) and its high profile makes getting in and out of it VERY easy. I can't see going back to any car after driving the Q. I feel so much safer too! Love that 5 Star crash rating.

The only thing I would turn my Q5 in for is another one--with much better milage: a Q5 hybrid, Q5 electric, Q5 solar, Q5 hfc, etc!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ben_aip
You mean like mine:-
Nice... But definitely not the same blue. It looks almost like nissan's daytona blue. Much more vivid.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The Q5 Facelift is due in September 2012, reported by a norwegian magazine (Se table at bottom)

http://www.dn.no/dnBil/article1963910.ece

I have seen this other places as well.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi Q5 Facelift