Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 new Moonlight Blue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, love the color combo
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the moonlight blue. I haven't been on here in a while and am hoping to see some chestnut interior shots. The 2013s look sharp - especially at night with the revised lighting.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rjrdomer
Yes. Just fine. I live right on the river in Hoboken, NJ but we did not sustain damage and the Q5 was moved to higher ground. We are very fortunate and we finally got power restored yesterday. We are doing what we can to provide for those who lost everything. Thank you for your message and concern.
Pleased to here it, although as you say others were not so lucky!

I was following your thead re the 'Moonlight Blue' just to see some actual 2013 model samples in that colour. I will be ordering my Q5 this week, a 2.0 TDI S Line plus with panoramic sunroof, sound pack, heated seats, folding mirrors, hill start and towing hitch but in Ice Silver. Yours does look great in blue but its just not the colour for me.
Best wishes to everyone and enjoy the Q5!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

nice color
Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default nice color!

Originally Posted by TIME89
+1! Very nice! Congrats,
nice color!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rjrdomer
another shot
What a great looking car. I am just moving back to the USA after being overseas and just ordered an Audi Q5 Moon Light Blue 2.0 Premium Plus. I was debating a long time between black interior and beige. I had a BMW previously in the USA and I found the black overpowering, though it did look Premium. Can I ask you how your experience with the Pistachio beige is going - are you happy with the way it looks now, keeping clean, etc? Also, I have seen a lot of variation in picture of the pistachio beige (looking much darker on the Audi Website but much lighter in other pictures) - how would you describe it - is it more white or more tan? I will look more closely in person at a dealer when I return back to the USA in a few weeks, but wanted to get a real owners opinion. I felt the combo of moonlight blue/beige was great and a bit more unique too. Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hot car and color, congrats!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jrwilson1970
What a great looking car. I am just moving back to the USA after being overseas and just ordered an Audi Q5 Moon Light Blue 2.0 Premium Plus. I was debating a long time between black interior and beige. I had a BMW previously in the USA and I found the black overpowering, though it did look Premium. Can I ask you how your experience with the Pistachio beige is going - are you happy with the way it looks now, keeping clean, etc? Also, I have seen a lot of variation in picture of the pistachio beige (looking much darker on the Audi Website but much lighter in other pictures) - how would you describe it - is it more white or more tan? I will look more closely in person at a dealer when I return back to the USA in a few weeks, but wanted to get a real owners opinion. I felt the combo of moonlight blue/beige was great and a bit more unique too. Thanks for any advice.
Thanks for the compliments. I've had the car now for about 4 months and I love it. I don't put a ton of miles on it, about 2,500 right now. The beige is a bit of a pain to keep clean. It's not terrible, but the dye from your jeans will rub off and the seats will get darker over time just from natural wear. The beige is a light beige, it's definitely not a tan color like a Ferrari interior if that makes any sense. It's a pale beige, sort of similar to Volvo beige interior.

Overall, I like it. The dark exterior with light interior is more difficult to keep clean, especially in the winter time with all of the salt on the roads up here in NJ. But that said, I'm really **** about my car and it hasn't been too terrible. Some leather wipes or even soap and warm water on a rag takes the dye off the seats. I also sit on a towel if I wear really dark jeans. I'm also a heavy guy (6'3 and 225lbs), so I put some stress on the seats.

Overall, the car has held up nicely. It still looks showroom new and I plan on keeping it for a long time. No complaints whatsoever. I found the beige interior to look a little more classy and luxurious than the black. The black looks more sporty in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Similar color choice to what I got. Moonlight blue on steel gray. I only had it for less then a month (Since Jan 12) and love it as well. Did not notice the seats getting dirty yet but expect them too. Enjoy

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840553
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks So Much for the feedback. That is what I figured - just a little more maintenance. A lot for me to ponder now, Ill take a look at a real one in a couple weeks in the USA> All the best to you

Quick Reply: 2013 Q5 new Moonlight Blue