Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

The 2013 Q5 revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Through some research, I was able to find an Audi Worldwide configuration page in English. While this pretty much builds out the 2013 q5 configuration for Germany, at least it is all in English. It may provide some ideas of what the US version may hold. By no means will this be exact, as you will see with the engine options, but hopefully close enough. (Some great new colors...assuming those will be for US as well).

http://configurator.audi.com/acc/eng...eng.view?msk=2
Old 06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What auto show is that video from? If there is a video, there's gotta be some detailed pictures from the show somewhere out there too right?

Not that this is anything new, but my local dealer told me that the 2013 Q5's would be delivered around Sept/Oct.

Originally Posted by PJQ5S
New vid of 2013 TDI S-Line (not as in-depth as I would have liked but, at least we can catch a glimpse here)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=htt...MA3KuV3XZZsSgg
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SMUS4
What auto show is that video from? If there is a video, there's gotta be some detailed pictures from the show somewhere out there too right?

Not that this is anything new, but my local dealer told me that the 2013 Q5's would be delivered around Sept/Oct.
No idea...I was wondering that myself. This just came up in a google search recently. I was thinking it was from Bejing? But, I can't seem to find any on-site photos taken from the show. Maybe they closely regulate them (like they do everything else!)?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SMUS4
Found this . . .

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2012/04...-part-audi-q5/

A Q5 with a Dodge front end???? This is a complete rip off, right??? Audi has no relationship with Zotye?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF is that monstrosity?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think this has been going on for a while now, but China has been known to blatantly steal car designs, while without blinking claim they are completely brand new ideas. In an episode of Top Gear UK, you could see a replica BMW X5 and a few other models. Supposedly original manufacturers have tried suing the copycat companies, but supposedly the Chinese judicial system ruled in favor of the Chinese companies. I'm Chinese-American myself, but find this so wrong yet so hilarious.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess that explains why all the cheap replica parts you find on eBay (that mostly look like $hit) all come from China. The government allows them to rip off the OEM parts with no penalty.

Oh, well. It' not like anyone will ever drive that car.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HotRodW
A Q5 with a Dodge front end???? This is a complete rip off, right??? Audi has no relationship with Zotye?
What it really needs is a corvette back-end and then they'll have something worth bragging about.

Business in the front, party in the rear.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In the classic movie "Back To The Future III":
Young Doc: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".
Marty McFly: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
Young Doc: Unbelievable.

Right now nobody say that again. So, in 50 years from now, who knows what is going to happen for "Made in China". In this world, there are so many unfair and ridiculous things. If something happens, it happens.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
Well, I guess that explains why all the cheap replica parts you find on eBay (that mostly look like $hit) all come from China. The government allows them to rip off the OEM parts with no penalty.

Oh, well. It' not like anyone will ever drive that car.
You say, no one will ever buy or drive it, but I'm sure there will be some in China. Honestly, appearance is in someways more important than anything else in China. Like you said, the government is pretty lenient on those type of things, that's why you have so many knock-off items made in China. So while not everyone can afford high-end products, that doesn't mean people don't want to look like they have high-end products. Who cares if you have a knock-off purse who's quality may only last for a month, as long as you can show off and pretend to own a real-thing, that's all that matters. This is the same country that had sold knock-off milk and baby formula which lead to infant deaths. It's actually quite sad to what lengths some people will do to make more money. I'm alright with knock-off purses and materialistic type stuff, but when you start talking about food and other things that could cause harm, then there's got to be a line drawn.

Quick Reply: The 2013 Q5 revealed