Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 changes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P
I'm not familiar with the 'vendor discount' - does that mean you work for a company (like Bosch) that is a supplier of parts to Audi?
"Audi Supplier Program" is the official name. And yes, you qualify if you work for any "strategic partner" of Audi (which is generally any supplier of parts and/or services, though can include other situations such as AoA sponsoring ACNA).
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
So for the New Gray Colors..

How does Monsoon Gray compare to:
Lava gray metallic
Daytona Gray Pearl Effect (Req. S Line Exterior)

I have read that Daytona is a bit darker than Monsoon.

How does a metallic effect compare to a pearl effect?

Monsoon is the only gray color I have seen in person.. Does anyone else see a hint of green in it?
I've seen Lava Gray on an R8 and it has a slight purple cast to it. It's really sharp actually. Rich looking. It is rather dark. Daytona is dark too.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not familiar with the 'vendor discount' - does that mean you work for a company (like Bosch) that is a supplier of parts to Audi? Will you share who you work for? Just curious what the span of companies are that qualify for this.

What engine are you looking to purchase? I doubt the pricing will change much, if any, from 2013. Here's the 2013 pricing for existing models, along with my guess at TDI pricing for the options I'm getting:
Yeah, as one of the other posters indicated, it is the 'supplier' program not the 'vendor' program (my bad)... At this point I think it is also the same one as the ACNA gets, which is 6% off of list. I work for IBM, and we have a number of 'employee purchase' or 'supplier discount' agreements with the companies we sell to or buy from (including Apple).

Will likely be ordering a 2014 3.0T Prestige with comfort and S-Line packages.... Am partial to red, so unless my spouse objects it will probably be the Volcano Red (which shows up in the new ordering guide as an option, though I am not sure I have actually seen it on a vehicle yet). Not sure I need the Driver Assist package...

Anyone have a 'guess' on when the Audi website will switch to the 2014?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tomb01
Am partial to red, so unless my spouse objects it will probably be the Volcano Red (which shows up in the new ordering guide as an option, though I am not sure I have actually seen it on a vehicle yet).
Not the same as "in-person", but here's one of our local (Canadian) members' 2013 Volcano. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2835294

Probably July or so, the site's the last thing to get updated after the new MY is officially unveiled (full pricing, etc.).
Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lava Gray has been available on the Canadian Q5. Mine is a 2012. I've never seen any purple or green in it under any lighting. It's quite dark and on its own I think most people would assume it's black. You need a black car beside it for reference. Looks quite nice when clean.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, as one of the other posters indicated, it is the 'supplier' program not the 'vendor' program (my bad)... At this point I think it is also the same one as the ACNA gets, which is 6% off of list. I work for IBM, and we have a number of 'employee purchase' or 'supplier discount' agreements with the companies we sell to or buy from (including Apple).

Will likely be ordering a 2014 3.0T Prestige with comfort and S-Line packages.... Am partial to red, so unless my spouse objects it will probably be the Volcano Red (which shows up in the new ordering guide as an option, though I am not sure I have actually seen it on a vehicle yet). Not sure I need the Driver Assist package...

"Volcano Red" truly is a metallic burnt orange....see iDale's link....but I'm partial to red and have seen this Volcano Red in person, in strong sunlight, and I guarantee you it is a University of Texas Alumni's dream color. It IS Burnt Orange.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
"Volcano Red" truly is a metallic burnt orange....see iDale's link....but I'm partial to red and have seen this Volcano Red in person, in strong sunlight, and I guarantee you it is a University of Texas Alumni's dream color. It IS Burnt Orange.
I'm a former Longhorn and it's not my dream color! Does seem to be close to burnt orange in the brighter shots, regaining a reddish tone while darker. And I guess that when Volcano Red cools, it becomes Lava Grey?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's the 2013 pricing for existing models, along with my guess at TDI pricing for the options I'm getting:

Mark P.. that is pretty much the configuration I am looking at as well. Color is undecided so far..

The pricing looks good. If the fee for TDI is only 2k from the 3.0T that would be great!

Tax(7%) in Florida would be about 3900
Tag + Title another 400

So looking at 59753 MSRP / 55821 INVOICE (with Tag/title/taxes)..

With European Delivery 5% off MSRP:
52696.5 + taxes(7%)/title = 56785

With Audi Club 6% off MSRP:
52141.8 + Taxes(7%)/title = 56192

What kind of additional dealer fee's are generally thrown in?

Also I saw Volcano Red in person the other weekend.. and it looked more Orange than red IMO.

Last edited by mwaarna; 05-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
I'm a former Longhorn and it's not my dream color! Does seem to be close to burnt orange in the brighter shots, regaining a reddish tone while darker. And I guess that when Volcano Red cools, it becomes Lava Grey?
Well that may kill it in my book (am an Aggie...)

But will wait til I see it to decide if it is that tacky Orange.... <grin>
Old 05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well that may kill it in my book (am an Aggie...)
Well, not sure there's any maroons available... maybe if you went Exclusive....

But will wait til I see it to decide if it is that tacky Orange.... <grin>
It's certainly hard to really say for sure from pictures, but it seems like the base is what I might call "cayenne", and then in the sun you can get some more orangey highlights to it. But, I haven't seen it in person, unlike Mr. OU Guy up there, so all I can do is guess based on how the pictures look and how metallic color shifts usually work.

Quick Reply: 2014 changes?