Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 changes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
Mark P.. that is pretty much the configuration I am looking at as well. Color is undecided so far..

The pricing looks good. If the fee for TDI is only 2k from the 3.0T that would be great!

Tax(7%) in Florida would be about 3900
Tag + Title another 400

So looking at 59753 MSRP / 55821 INVOICE (with Tag/title/taxes)..

With European Delivery 5% off MSRP:
52696.5 + taxes(7%)/title = 56785

With Audi Club 6% off MSRP:
52141.8 + Taxes(7%)/title = 56192

What kind of additional dealer fee's are generally thrown in?

Also I saw Volcano Red in person the other weekend.. and it looked more Orange than red IMO.
I've seen dealer fees from $250-450, and probably spans more depending on dealer, etc.

Do you own an Audi now? The $1000 loyalty will likely continue as well, so be sure to get/subtract that if you are eligible.

I'm happy NC only has 3% "highway use tax"
But of course we also have personal property tax each year on it...
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
Well, not sure there's any maroons available... maybe if you went Exclusive....

It's certainly hard to really say for sure from pictures, but it seems like the base is what I might call "cayenne", and then in the sun you can get some more orangey highlights to it. But, I haven't seen it in person, unlike Mr. OU Guy up there, so all I can do is guess based on how the pictures look and how metallic color shifts usually work.
Trust me, it IS burnt orange metallic, only looking kinda red under a moonless 2AM sky. I like the color but not on an Audi.....well, maybe an R8.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Trust me, it IS burnt orange metallic, only looking kinda red under a moonless 2AM sky. I like the color but not on an Audi.....well, maybe an R8.
I trust no one from the other side of the Red River!

I defer to your actually having seen it with your own two eyes. Normally it seems like the metallics tend to work with getting a lot of the "base" color with a little bit of highlights in the sun (which can easily be exaggerated in pictures), but from all you describe it seems like the highlights show up a lot easier here (unlike say Scuba where they definitely don't from what I'd seen in person).
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
I trust no one from the other side of the Red River!

I defer to your actually having seen it with your own two eyes. Normally it seems like the metallics tend to work with getting a lot of the "base" color with a little bit of highlights in the sun (which can easily be exaggerated in pictures), but from all you describe it seems like the highlights show up a lot easier here (unlike say Scuba where they definitely don't from what I'd seen in person).
I struggled with my color selection before I ordered the '14, and was excited to see a red offered on the Q. I performed a Google Image search and was kind of disappointed in the photos and was hoping the orange hue was an anomaly. I dropped over to the dealership one Sunday to study the colors on the existing inventory and immediately spied an orange A4. Yup. Volcano Red.

There is a Scuba Blue Q5 running around Tulsa and it is VERY attractive....pops in the sunlight and very noticeable from a distance. Don't think I've seen it on any other vehicle....yet. Almost changed my mind from Ibis to Scuba....

Oh, and sometimes we like to refer to that area to the South of us as the Oklahoma Baja.....
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
I struggled with my color selection before I ordered the '14, and was excited to see a red offered on the Q. I performed a Google Image search and was kind of disappointed in the photos and was hoping the orange hue was an anomaly. I dropped over to the dealership one Sunday to study the colors on the existing inventory and immediately spied an orange A4. Yup. Volcano Red.
Interesting, never seen a Volcano here (the vehicles on the lot are pretty much white, black, white, grey, and white). Got really really lucky on the only Scuba ever at the dealership since it sold within two hours of being unwrapped.

There is a Scuba Blue Q5 running around Tulsa and it is VERY attractive....pops in the sunlight and very noticeable from a distance. Don't think I've seen it on any other vehicle....yet. Almost changed my mind from Ibis to Scuba....
Definitely. I haven't seen the one here since I was at the dealership, but it was really nice. Looking forward to mine. (Now if I was getting an Avant, Ibis would be really tempting though I'd likely go insane from my OCD trying to keep it looking clean.)

Oh, and sometimes we like to refer to that area to the South of us as the Oklahoma Baja.....
Ole!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is Daytona on my RS4...for what it is worth.

Name:  RollingShot.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  106.0 KB

Name:  3cd321d0.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  155.0 KB
Old 05-25-2013, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
Here is Daytona on my RS4...for what it is worth.
That's probably what the RS4 I'd seen was, too. No green whatsoever (unlike some other pictures I've seen), straight grey, "medium-dark". Very nice color, would probably work well on the Q5. Thanks for sharing.