Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 TDI ordered....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Q5 TDI ordered....

Went to the dealership this morning and snagged the first Q5 order for 2014 and here's what we have, subject to change until the unknown deadline date.

Ibis white/black
Sport Interior package
S Line Package
Side Assist
MMI Nav plus
Tow Hitch

Hopefully, pricing will be published soon. Struggling between Chestnut Brown and Black interior, but they have an example in transit and a look will finalize that choice. Not dead sure on the Tow Hitch either.....but at least we have a good start.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Hopefully, pricing will be published soon.
Should be, I'd figure in the next 2-3 weeks is the most likely timeframe (but let's cross our fingers for earlier -- I'd definitely like to see pricing so I can finalize an order).

Struggling between Chestnut Brown and Black interior, but they have an example in transit and a look will finalize that choice.
Either should be a good combo. I think I'll end up with Chestnut because I really want the black headliner (not doing S-Line) and the brown seats at least help to break up the otherwise-all-black interior a little.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The cinnamon is great. The interior is still mostly black but it really gives the interior some character. It looks just as good as new after 43K miles. We're very happy with that choice.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeff968
The cinnamon is great. The interior is still mostly black but it really gives the interior some character. It looks just as good as new after 43K miles. We're very happy with that choice.
Cinnamon got cut and replaced with Chestnut (a darker, less orange brown) when the facelift hit.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 615 Likes on 512 Posts
Default +1

I melded a black headliner look I know from a family Mini with the amaretto (baseball mitt color; obviously lighter (and with some vaguely orangish tint) than Chestnut too) I really like on my A8--there with dark charcoal carpets and an alcantara headliner (big bucks if new but what I got in the CPO). The Mini is all black inside other than some white piping--plus has among the earliest panoramic roofs akin to a Q5--so it did seem giving the seats some color character was in order. I also wanted to avoid the lighter greys and beiges that show long term grime more and feel more like my older Audis or the colors often seen on many a Toyota or others; I saw the grey on the test ride vehicle at some length. That left only one choice in a non-S Q5: Chestnut brown that drives the black headliner result.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 04-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Went to the dealership this morning and snagged the first Q5 order for 2014 and here's what we have, subject to change until the unknown deadline date.

Ibis white/black
Sport Interior package
S Line Package
Side Assist
MMI Nav plus
Tow Hitch

Hopefully, pricing will be published soon. Struggling between Chestnut Brown and Black interior, but they have an example in transit and a look will finalize that choice. Not dead sure on the Tow Hitch either.....but at least we have a good start.
Congrats! I just got back from doing the same - I'll post separately...

In case you have a radar detector, know that the Side Assist is operated by radar and will constantly alert your detector.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats soonerfan!
You'll see the right combo soon! I struggled with a exterior color for days, then while at a stoplight I saw the color I was thinking about getting, and it sealed my decision.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P
Congrats! I just got back from doing the same - I'll post separately...

In case you have a radar detector, know that the Side Assist is operated by radar and will constantly alert your detector.
I'm one of the folks that drive a couple of miles per hour over the speed limit and sets the cruise control. Stressless! No hurry, no worry.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

For the TDI orders...

What kind of pricing is everyone negotiating?

X %/Set amount off MSRP or X%/Set amount above invoice?

Cause I want to play my order.. but I would prefer to see the pricing before ordering...

Someone ordered the SQ5 1k over Invoice..

What is the Price for 2013.. Invoice VS MSPR for the 3.0T ( just curious how much the delta is)...
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mwaarna
For the TDI orders...

What kind of pricing is everyone negotiating?

X %/Set amount off MSRP or X%/Set amount above invoice?
That's pretty much all you can do when you don't have any numbers. Effectively you're working on "how much profit", just nobody knows the base value for an exact number. But dealers should know what they're comfortable doing and most likely have a % range they try to stay within regardless of the exact pricing.

What is the Price for 2013.. Invoice VS MSPR for the 3.0T ( just curious how much the delta is)...
I think invoice is supposedly something like 7% under MSRP, which for the 2013 3.0T P+ would be a little over $3000 to play with (for the base vehicle, options have a small bit of play too).

Quick Reply: 2014 Q5 TDI ordered....