Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 SQ5 to start at $51,900

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iamgort
So I've been out of the Audi owner circle for a while. I was wondering if anybody can tell me (and my apologies first if these are obvious now) in regarts to the 2014 SQ5 or just Q5 in general

1) stream music via bluetooth? My last audi was a 2011 A4 and it couldn't stream music over bluetooth
2) where the ipod/iphone connection is located? In my a4 it was the glovebox which meant I had to keep a separate ipod in the glovebox in order to keep my phone nearby
3) will Audi ever finally put next/previous buttons on the steering wheel?
4) I recall seeing that certain higher end models (a6+?) had a more advanced MMI that could hook up to the internet via cellular. Will this model have it?
1 - not sure, I think it does but someone would have to confirm it
2 - its in the glovebox...they probably do this so you can't use your phone while driving
3 - I doubt it, they seem to want to keep the steering wheel simple instead of 1000 buttons on it.
4 - Yes, it has Audi Connect which requires a subscription but will give a wifi hotspot from your car.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will have to add $1250 for the full nappa leather.

I'm not a fan of the suede / leather seats that are standard in the S4 and SQ5.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Telate
1 - not sure, I think it does but someone would have to confirm it
2 - its in the glovebox...they probably do this so you can't use your phone while driving
3 - I doubt it, they seem to want to keep the steering wheel simple instead of 1000 buttons on it.
4 - Yes, it has Audi Connect which requires a subscription but will give a wifi hotspot from your car.
I was hoping they'd have the steering wheel fixed. I saw this image and thought maybe they finally fixed it:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_05.html

Maybe that was just a concept or only for the A7??
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can't edit post above it seems so sorry for the double post...

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
You're dealer is out of it.

Announced base on the SQ5 is $51,900.
Paint +$500
Destin +$895
MMI +$3550
B&O +$850

$57,695 MSRP

Sounds like the dealer is trying to make it a Prestige and Comfort package. And that wouldn't even get you to $67k

After emailing my dealer yesterday to get a little info on SQ5 timeframes he said these will be limited and hard to get (assuming just dealer trying to create the illusion of buying urgency). So, that said, do you think the pricing will end up being MSRP with not much wiggle room to get closer to invoice?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was hoping they'd have the steering wheel fixed. I saw this image and thought maybe they finally fixed it:

[...]

Maybe that was just a concept or only for the A7??
A6+ often get things that the lower-tier models don't. The facelift Q5 doesn't have that yet (there's a "Mode" button there on top). Possibly the next-gen 2016 model might.

After emailing my dealer yesterday to get a little info on SQ5 timeframes he said these will be limited and hard to get (assuming just dealer trying to create the illusion of buying urgency). So, that said, do you think the pricing will end up being MSRP with not much wiggle room to get closer to invoice?
There's a lot of people getting near invoice for their SQ5s it seems like. How much you can get depends on what dealer you're talking to; volume dealers seem most willing to get near invoice while lower-volume dealers may not budge much from MSRP (trying to get as much profit from their smaller allotment).
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
You're dealer is out of it.

Announced base on the SQ5 is $51,900.
Paint +$500
Destin +$895
MMI +$3550
B&O +$850

$57,695 MSRP

Sounds like the dealer is trying to make it a Prestige and Comfort package. And that wouldn't even get you to $67k
Thanks guys for the replays, I've sent my dealer another email and included a copy of that chart asking him how he came up with $67k. Hopefully he just miss typed the number, lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I'm not a fan of the suede / leather seats that are standard in the S4 and SQ5.
I love those seats and is possibly the main reason I'd even consider an SQ5 over TDI

I ordered my B5 S4 for such seats and waited 5 months, while leather seats were available on the lots.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between A & E (from SQ5 PIB):

Seats Carpeting Decorative Inlays Upper & Lower Dash Headliner
A. Black - XG Black Brushed Aluminum Black Black
B. Black/Lunar Silver - XO Black Brushed Aluminum Black Black
C. Black/Brown Black -SV Brushed Aluminum Black Black
D. Black/Magma Red Black - FA Brushed Aluminum Black Black
E. Black - ZM Black Brushed Aluminum Black Black
F. Brown - WN Black Brushed Aluminum Black Black

I can only assume one is more black and one is more charcoal???

Last edited by Mark P; 06-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Yup, that's just typical dealer talk. It's not an RS car so the SQ5 will not be hard to get especially if you're open to inquiring with other dealers out of your area. My dealer (Chicago area) has 2 sold-order SQ5 in the order bank that have been pulled for production (one is mine), and 2 more open (available) allocations as of yesterday when I spoke my sales guy. There's always wiggle room for price under msrp depending on which dealer you're dealing with and how hard you try.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mark P

E and F are the Comfort seats.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P
I love those seats and is possibly the main reason I'd even consider an SQ5 over TDI

I ordered my B5 S4 for such seats and waited 5 months, while leather seats were available on the lots.

The PIB is a little misleading. Basically it comes down to this:

ZM is the interior code for black if you opt for either the standard sport seats or the Comfort package. If you choose ZM with PCC (comfort package) you get an all black leather seat with perforations (for cooling feature) and don't get alcantara. If you choose ZM without PCC, you get an all black seat with alcantara central inserts. This is one of only 2 ways to get alcantara inserts. The other way is SU, which gets you two tone lunar/black leather/alcantara.

XG is the interior code for black if you opt for WTP (fine napa leather upholstery). In this case you get a full Nappa leather interior, which I assume includes the seats. Seats will be all black leather sport seats with code XG. You cannot choose WTP + XG with PCC.

Last edited by larryV; 06-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 SQ5 to start at $51,900