Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

22" RS4

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22" RS4

Anyone know where I can buy the RS4 22" replicas? I have seen some members on here with them, but I am having trouble finding where I can buy them
Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hartmann makes the B7 RS4 replica in 22", but only in bright silver. The machined finish version can only be had up to 20", and the smoked silver only to 19".

http://shop.achtuning.com/Hartmann-B...-for-Audi.aspx

Last edited by HotRodW; 08-27-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And these will fit without the need for an adapter? As in they are 5 x 112?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HAMQ5
And these will fit without the need for an adapter? As in they are 5 x 112?
They might be too wide. 9" might be the max. The reference chart shows the 22x9.5 applies only to the Q7. You might be able to make it work with spacers, but the wheels might stick out too far beyond the fenders. I wouldn't hesitate to call or email Achtuning. If you're gonna fit 22's on the Q5, I hope you have smooth roads in your area. The tires are going to look like rubber bands

Have you lowered it or do you plan to do so?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the Q5 would do great with some nice stance.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

This might help you,

http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/to...y-q5-with-22s/
Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
I actually saw this and it's what made me want to do 22".

I currently have lowered the Q and think the 22"s wod make it look pretty darn good, but wouldn't want the wheels to stick out beyond the fender, so I'll have to male some callow to try and figure things out.

If I'm not mistaken, the SLine wheels have an offset of +33 or +35 and the replica 22"s have an offset of + 50. I'm definitely not a wheel guru, so I'm not sure what this would mean in terms of fitment, so if anyone else has an idea please feel free to share
Old 08-29-2011, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HAMQ5
I actually saw this and it's what made me want to do 22".

I currently have lowered the Q and think the 22"s wod make it look pretty darn good, but wouldn't want the wheels to stick out beyond the fender, so I'll have to male some callow to try and figure things out.

If I'm not mistaken, the SLine wheels have an offset of +33 or +35 and the replica 22"s have an offset of + 50. I'm definitely not a wheel guru, so I'm not sure what this would mean in terms of fitment, so if anyone else has an idea please feel free to share
I'm glad you're lowered. I think 'conestoga wagon' when I see extreme wheel diameters on stock suspension. Just my opinion, of course. Anyway, the +50 wheel offset on the Hartmann replica will tuck the wheel under the fenders, pulling the wheels closer to the vehicle centerline. Wheel spacers would typically allow you to push the wheels back out where they belong in order to clear the suspension bits and/or brake calipers. But because this particular wheel is 9.5" wide, the wheel might stick out too far when the correct spacer is used. That would explain why Achtuning doesn't list the Q5 on the fitment chart. An aggressive offset (lower positive to negative numbers) can have a dramatic effect on a vehicles appearance, but like all good things you can go overboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q5 linked above is wearing 9" wide replicas. I also caution you to compare wheel weights. Increasing unsprung mass can have noticeable effects on vehicle dynamics, ride comfort and even fuel efficiency. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass)
Old 08-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HotRodW
I'm glad you're lowered. I think 'conestoga wagon' when I see extreme wheel diameters on stock suspension. Just my opinion, of course. Anyway, the +50 wheel offset on the Hartmann replica will tuck the wheel under the fenders, pulling the wheels closer to the vehicle centerline. Wheel spacers would typically allow you to push the wheels back out where they belong in order to clear the suspension bits and/or brake calipers. But because this particular wheel is 9.5" wide, the wheel might stick out too far when the correct spacer is used. That would explain why Achtuning doesn't list the Q5 on the fitment chart. An aggressive offset (lower positive to negative numbers) can have a dramatic effect on a vehicles appearance, but like all good things you can go overboard. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q5 linked above is wearing 9" wide replicas. I also caution you to compare wheel weights. Increasing unsprung mass can have noticeable effects on vehicle dynamics, ride comfort and even fuel efficiency. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass)

I have been emailing back and fourth with the wheel company who provided the 22" wheels referenced above and they told me the wheels are 22x9.5 with ET35. I am still trying to get more info so I will keep you posted on any findings.

I appreciate the info on vehicle dynamics
Old 08-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just spoke to the owner of the Q5 in the above link and he informed me that the wheels fit on the Q without any modification and they DO NOT stick out beyond the fender well.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how much they are and see what the shipping would be to the states.

Quick Reply: 22" RS4