Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

22" RS4

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HAMQ5
I just spoke to the owner of the Q5 in the above link and he informed me that the wheels fit on the Q without any modification and they DO NOT stick out beyond the fender well.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how much they are and see what the shipping would be to the states.
Don't forget to post some pics if you pull the trigger.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Don't forget to post some pics if you pull the trigger.
If I pull the trigger I will overload the forum with pictures as I'm sure there are others who are in the situation I'm in with a lack of pics

I have been emailing the people at Fowkesauto.com about the wheels and I have been given the following specs:

"The wheels are ​​available in this exact specification:

9.5x22" 5x112 ET35 66.6 Centre Bore"

I was also told the tires the gentleman in the above referenced photo used were 265/35R22 Continental Cross Contact UHP XL 102Y

I just wish I could find a wheel manufacturer in the states that sold the RS4 replicas with the aforementioned specifications
Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I talked to the owner of the Q5 listed above and he sent me 4 more pics...In all honesty, it looks like the wheels could come out even further. Remember the specs are 22x9.5 35et
Attached Images     
Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did he say what size tire he had on them? I don't mind the thin sidewall I had 22's on a blazer back in the day with no problems.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If I pull the trigger I will overload the forum with pictures as I'm sure there are others who are in the situation I'm in with a lack of pics

I have been emailing the people at Fowkesauto.com about the wheels and I have been given the following specs:

"The wheels are ​​available in this exact specification:

9.5x22" 5x112 ET35 66.6 Centre Bore"

I was also told the tires the gentleman in the above referenced photo used were 265/35R22 Continental Cross Contact UHP XL 102Y

I just wish I could find a wheel manufacturer in the states that sold the RS4 replicas with the aforementioned specifications
I would once again advise you to talk to Achtuning. If my math is correct, 15mm spacers will allow the Hartmann replicas to mount identically to those pictured.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I talked to the owner of the Q5 listed above and he sent me 4 more pics...In all honesty, it looks like the wheels could come out even further. Remember the specs are 22x9.5 35et
Further? Maybe the rear, but that front is out there. As the tread extends beyond the lower fender, you're risking paint damage from stones and other road debris.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think your math is correct. I do plan on calling Achtuning, but I have not had the chance yet. However, I am not hot on the idea of using the adapter/spacer in order to make the wheel work.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Further? Maybe the rear, but that front is out there. As the tread extends beyond the lower fender, you're risking paint damage from stones and other road debris.
After looking at it again, I agree with what you said. Rears can come out a bit more, but fronts are good as is.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
Did he say what size tire he had on them? I don't mind the thin sidewall I had 22's on a blazer back in the day with no problems.
It's listed above. 265/35R22
Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think your math is correct. I do plan on calling Achtuning, but I have not had the chance yet. However, I am not hot on the idea of using the adapter/spacer in order to make the wheel work.
Spacers are no big deal. I've used them in the past even when it wasn't required for clearance just to get the proper stance. Heck, Porsche even offers them from the factory for finicky customers like myself. (I suppose you could make the argument that adding spacers should technically enhance handling due to the wider track.) You can also vary the spacer thickness front to rear when one end sits more flush than the other (like the Q5 pictured, for example). Keep in mind that longer lug bolts are typically required for all but the thinnest of spacers. Again, any good wheel dealer should be able to advise you to the correct fitment options.

Quick Reply: 22" RS4